1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Zumba in school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by potatogirl, Sep 20, 2011.

1. I would love to let my ks2 class loose on zumba as i think they would love it. But apart from getting a qualified teacher in to lead it are there any DVDs out there than we could go through together. I have been going for a year myself but would still struggle to lead a session.
    any ideas?

2. I would love to let my ks2 class loose on zumba as i think they would love it. But apart from getting a qualified teacher in to lead it are there any DVDs out there than we could go through together. I have been going for a year myself but would still struggle to lead a session.
    any ideas?

3. Waterfin

Waterfin New commenter

Zumba is trademarked to the hilt. If you were to offer it through school, you would not be allowed to deliver a lesson unless qualified (preferably in Zumba Atomic, which is the kids version).
    There are official Zumba DVDs that you can buy, but they are very fast. One of the set I had a while ago did have a few kids tracks on, but as the commentary is in English and whatever language Beto speaks I think the kids would find it tricky to follow. I actually got rid of my DVDs. The Wii game is fun and has good routines, if I was going to do anything I'd do that.

4. You are not qualified to teach Zumba. Personally I wouldn't want to indulge my class in something so horribly faddy anyway.

5. In our school we approached a qualified zumba teacher who comes into school and teaches an after school class. She has been really helpful and offered advice to teachers wanting to use routines in their dance lessons. Maybe you could ask your class leader?
    I think it's a fantastic idea, anything that gets the chn active and that they can enjoy and laugh about is great in my eyes.

6. manic28

manic28 New commenter

Spot on... faddy. Let's bring back some old fads for a revival. Who is up for bringing back callanetics?