1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Zoom for German?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by ABlanch101, May 29, 2012.

1. ABlanch101

ABlanch101 New commenter

Has anyone used / does anyone use Zoom for German? What do you think? We still use Klasse and I'm wondering whether it's worth pestering to update or not.

2. ABlanch101

ABlanch101 New commenter

Has anyone used / does anyone use Zoom for German? What do you think? We still use Klasse and I'm wondering whether it's worth pestering to update or not.

3. funnily enough, R&A file for Echo 3 Rot just landed on my desk. Why they didn't send a pupil book for evaluation as well is beyond me, but there you go... judging only on what I'm looking at here, I like the look of the course a lot.
    We use Logo 1 and 2 and I'm bored rigid by them. I've seen Zoom and didn't particularly like it, I am loving the look of Echo, especially because it has some nice level 7 stuff which I can zazz up and extend even more. We follow Expo for French and I like that very much as well.
    Any reason why you're thinking Zoom?

4. ABlanch101

ABlanch101 New commenter

I was thinking Zoom merely because we've had Klasse since it came out in 2005 and it seems to be the next step from OUP. I like the way Klasse is laid out and was wondering if the video content of Zoom is worthwhile, for example. There doesn't seem that much - video must be the logical way forward for classroom listening (and even reading) resources, in my opinion, and it always amazes me that there isn't a course entirely built around it. Not using it exclusively, obviously, but as a framework. Or something.
    Or have I been blind and there is one already?