1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie threads

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Geoff Thomas, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

So many old threads are being commented upon years after they died a natural death.

Obviously because they are being listed as having once been popular.

Any chance that threads so listed are closed for further comments?

@TES_Rosaline

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

My handy household hints probably falls into your category, but it is far from dead.
    It's a real shame the front half of the thread was lost, because it was far funnier than what remains!

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

The Xmas issue of Viz comic contains a free 2017 Top Tips Calendar with a Top Tip for every day of the year. I reckon you've missed a trick there - maybe 2018 for the Lil's Handy Household Hints calendar?

rachelpaula008 likes this.
  4. lilachardy

Consider it done.

NB The calendar will not contain nudity.
    [​IMG]

5. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Spoilsport

6. lilachardy

Back to the original post though - I would find it difficult to set a time limit on threads that have apparently died. Sometimes it all becomes relevant again.

7. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

You need a bigger piano.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I have old threads that I sometimes return to... the Universe goes around... Tayyib Erdogan. If people complain and get them locked I'd just start up a mark 2 thread ...

Not sure how it harms anyone...

9. NewToTeachingOldToMaths

NewToTeachingOldToMaths Lead commenter

May I suggest that this idea be shelved for now, but that it be kept under review for ... oh ... shall we say 2 - 3 years. If after that time anyone still thinks it's a good idea, they can always add a comment to that effect on this thread ...

10. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Some Zombie threads can come back to life and entertain...

giphy-1.gif