1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ZigZag resource

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by t.flynn, Jun 22, 2011.

1. we sometimes use zigzag at KS3 and KS4 and have adopted a zigzag style for exams so that we get a levelled outcome. They are great for kids to check and assess their own work.encourages independence, AfL opportunities, showing progress within a lesson etc. You can(with difficulty) modify the resources and use them for guided design exercises etc. What is good is that someone else has done a lot of the work for you! how often can you say that? Very useful to use a zig zag sheet if you are being observed as it serves as an aide memoire and a record of progress. Build in some self or peer assessment opportunities and you have the beginnings of a good lesson. Kids like the tick box/ what do I need to do next in order to improve approach. I reccommend...but be your own person too!

2. where can i get these from?

3. Try zigzageducation.co.uk.
    You should be able to view sample pages of KS3 and KS4 resources. Not just in DT.

4. which dt resources would you recommend?
    thanks

5. ive just looked and there is only a few

6. ZigZag Education is a Bristol-based UK educational publisher, which publishes photocopiable and digital teaching resources for schools and colleges.