1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Zelda's Claw?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by PurplePlum, Aug 14, 2014.

1. I'm trying to do some preparation before I go away next week. I have been told that our Literacy focus for next term will be based around Zelda's Claw and Beowolf. Although I do not have to plan the lessons I just wanted to have an idea about the stories. Beowolf is no problem [I have a copy to take away to read] but all I can find for Zelda's Claw is references to a computer game.

Much as I would like to think that we are approaching writing by using a computer game I can't see it happening at my current school! Can anyone point me towards a possible text?

Thanks.

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

4. Thanks Marlin.

I was emailed just before our English Co-ordinator went away for the rest of the summer! This would appear to be the one I need as she is a Pie Corbett fan. I thought there would be more to it than that.

I will have to find something else to read whilst I soak up some foreign sun!

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter

You could try emailing your English Coordinator - they might pick it up before school starts, giving you a chance to change plans if it is wrong.

I feel for you though. It is not a good situation to be in when someone else is determining the texts without fully informing you and leaving you in such uncertainty with your planning.

As for your holiday reading [​IMG] - you might get some ideas on this thread in Personal:

https://community.tes.co.uk/tes_personal/f/35/t/699928.aspx

6. Thanks for the link. Some interesting titles. I'm off to Waterstones this afternoon to have a browse.