1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Zac is going over Heathrow!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by emerald52, Oct 25, 2016.

1. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Zac has gone over Heathrow....good riddance to him. A wolf in a sheeps environmentalist clothing

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Prophetic words...

emerald52 likes this.
  3. montycantsin

montycantsin Occasional commenter

He lost the Richmond Park muslim vote.

florian gassmann and emerald52 like this.
  4. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

Indeed
    My memories of Richmond are of it being a very non ethnic area, by London standards.

emerald52 likes this.
  5. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I've heard it (unfairly) suggested that Richmond residents are so old that they will be dead by the time Heathrow is extended - and any that aren't will quickly be finished off by the additional pollution - so they weren't bothered on that issue.

But they were all very concerned about the future of their French gîtes, Spanish holiday homes, Polish builders and Swedish care workers, and so didn't like Goldmith's stance on Brexit.

Couldn't possibly be true, could it?

montycantsin likes this.
  6. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

You're the one with the (reliable?) contacts on the ground. You tell us.

7. montycantsin

montycantsin Occasional commenter

That would explain why every ward in Richmond gave Zac a significant majority in the mayoriial election and his mayoriial campaign was irrelevant yesterday.

8. florian gassmann

Oh, I don't know. Sir Trevor MacDonald has a nice house up by Richmond Park, and I believe Mo Farah lives in Richmond ...

JL48 likes this.
  9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Didn't Farah move to the USA? Ages back... not sure if he's moved back since.

10. florian gassmann

My only contacts are my middle son and his wife, who are both out at work in Canary Wharf all day long, so I couldn't tell you any more than you already know.