1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Z visa documents help

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by aferguson_design, Nov 20, 2018.

  1. aferguson_design

    aferguson_design New commenter

    I'm (hopefully) heading to work in china early next year, I'm currently sorting the supporting documents and need some assistance:
    Notary said he can bind all the documents together (acro, tefl, and degree) but occasionally the schools want the acro (criminal record check) separate.
    I asked a contact at the school but the language difference is confusing us both I think.
    School said they need to translate the documents when they arrive
    So basically, would them sepperating the documents when translating them, theoretically voiding their authentication process?
    Anyone had problems with their paperwork bound?
  2. Capricorn2412

    Capricorn2412 New commenter

    Hi, we just had them held together by a silk string which is what the notary usually does. Not sure about binding them all together, it would be a notary certificate per document and then the back of the document gets legalised by the Chinese embassy.
  3. TexanTeacher2013

    TexanTeacher2013 New commenter

    Congratulations!! My school is sending me the step by step. Once received I will forward it to you if you're still in need.
  4. spanboy

    spanboy Occasional commenter

    Has it been requested that they be bound together? Maybe the 'rules' have changed, I don't know, but when I got all my stuff done 18 months ago I kept everything separate and just forwarded them on together in one big, secure envelope to the school via DHL.
  5. Teachallover

    Teachallover Occasional commenter

    11 months ago I was in your position. I paid my notary solicitor to use him and his contacts take care of the whole thing: notorising, legalising and authenticating my 3 documents with the FCO and Chinese embassy. It cost £470 for 3 documents. Costly, however, to this day I have no idea whether the documents were binded with any one colour ribbon of the rainbow or just a paper clip. Good luck with your move to China.
  6. amysdad

    amysdad Established commenter

    When we did it the documents were all separate - we had already had some legalized previously, and others were done separately.

    Personally, I wouldn't bind them - they don't need to be in a fancy ribbon bound envelope or anything, as far as I know.
  7. aferguson_design

    aferguson_design New commenter

    Alright, thanks all. It is the silk ribbon binding I meant, i dont fully understand it (obviously) just wanted to save some money because it won't be reimbursed until after Xmas. :)
  8. aferguson_design

    aferguson_design New commenter

    That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but he asked me about the ribbon binding and I'm like :confused:o_O
  9. aferguson_design

    aferguson_design New commenter

    That could be useful! Thank you!
    When are you due to go? I'm the end of February.
  10. the hippo

    the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

    Four hundred and seventy quid! Ouch! I had a document notarized the other day and it cost me 6 leva. The Bulgarian Justice Department put an apostille on it for 5 leva. So altogether that cost me 11 leva and that is about 4 pounds. Sometimes it really is worth living in Bulgaria!
    spanboy and aferguson_design like this.
  11. spanboy

    spanboy Occasional commenter

    I have a Bulgarian teaching colleague who is doing a Masters through a Bulgarian Uni - it's costing him about a thousand quid!!! Incredible!!
  12. Teachallover

    Teachallover Occasional commenter

    The school reimbursed the money so I was happy to sit back and let them get on with it...
  13. the hippo

    the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

    Yes, spanboy, it is great when your school refunds ALL of your visa costs. Alas, this does not always happen!
  14. february31st

    february31st Established commenter

    I had all my documents done separately, did all the donkey work myself but dstill cost 75GBP/document. But I can now use the documents repeatedly.

    The police check is only valid for 6months after issue, so you need to pay for that every job transfer.
  15. 101kaevija

    101kaevija New commenter

    Same here - starting in Feb. Super scared. I asked my agency to do all the legal work for me as I didn't want to get stressed with time and messing things around.
  16. aferguson_design

    aferguson_design New commenter

    Hey, did you finish all of your paperwork? My employer has been really slow and is suddenly throwing things as me!
    Did you have to send your paperwork to them in china?
    I paid for the agency in the end also, it's just little tedious bits left
  17. LCass

    LCass New commenter

    My husband had his documents bound by the notary.That way, only one apostille and authorisation is needed for the whole lot. Was a whole lot cheaper! Could you have the two of them bound together and keep the acro separate? 3 for the prize of 2!
  18. loislane1

    loislane1 New commenter

    My school just informed me qualifications can be bound and birth/marriage must be separate.
  19. february31st

    february31st Established commenter

    No, now I need to get birth and marriage certificates notarized as well.
  20. edmundstavros

    edmundstavros New commenter

    Do we need to show birth certificates?? This hasn't been mentioned to us.

Share This Page