1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Z or F Visa to teach in China

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by stormyday, Jul 20, 2011.

1. stormyday

stormyday New commenter

Hi,
    Reading through the posts, seems most people apply for a Z Visa to teach in China. As I went through job application and interview process in June, the only Visa I can get in time is an F Visa which school says will be used in the same way to apply for a Resident Permit when I get to China. Anyone been in a similar situation? Just a bit worried in case there are any problems when I get to China.
    Thanks

2. stormyday

stormyday New commenter

Hi,
    Reading through the posts, seems most people apply for a Z Visa to teach in China. As I went through job application and interview process in June, the only Visa I can get in time is an F Visa which school says will be used in the same way to apply for a Resident Permit when I get to China. Anyone been in a similar situation? Just a bit worried in case there are any problems when I get to China.
    Thanks

3. Hi, I have just got my visa for China and applied for a Z visa as this is the one required when taking up an employment post in China. It didn't take long by post, about a week from posting it off to getting it back.