1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

z for zachariah sow needed

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by sebedina, Sep 24, 2011.

1. sebedina

sebedina Occasional commenter

Does anyone have a sow for z for zacharia they can email me?? I have searched on line and can hardly find anything on this.
    I do really appreciate.

lisaedmundson@hotmail.co.uk

2. sebedina

Does anyone have a sow for z for zacharia they can email me?? I have searched on line and can hardly find anything on this.
    I do really appreciate.

lisaedmundson@hotmail.co.uk

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

would this be better on a subject forum?

4. sebedina

<ol>[*]Many thanks I thought i had posted it on there!!</ol>

5. I LOVED this book at school....read it a few times since, and suprised it's not been made into a movie yet....unless it has and I've missed it!

6. jmntsp

jmntsp New commenter

Did you go to school in the early 80s by any chance? I did - and we read this. In fact, everything we read at the time seemed to be about post-nuclear war, come to think of it. 'Brother in the Land' 'When the Wind Blows' etc. The scary days of Reagan and the Cold War hovering over us, I reckon. Don't know if it's still available, Dingbat, but I remember us watching a film of it starring Jeremy Irons as the weird loner who appears and starts to freak out the teenage girl. I confess that the main reason I remember it is that at the time we were half in love with him and/or Anthony Andrews after Brideshead Revisited and this version of Z for Zachariah had him leaping naked into a river at one point in the freezing cold! We must have been about 14 and were:-
    a) stunned at actually getting to see a naked *****
    b) hugely disappointed in how tiny it was!

LOL....hope you get to see it!

7. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Looks like it actually starred Mr. Andrews rather than his Brideshead co-star Mr. Irons (easily confused after so many years).
    The entire thing seems to be on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53u2jPltuI4

8. jmntsp

jmntsp New commenter

Gosh, did it? Many thanks to YesMrBronson - as always he can help, lol! That makes more sense to me actually, bearing in mind that I fancied Anthony Andrews much more and remember being hugely disappointed with how unimpressive he was naked. In fairness to him it was probably jolly cold filming that scene!