1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

YSL lighting touch and similar

Discussion in 'Personal' started by suz3, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Lightning touch is the best I've used BUT I've found that long before it's empty, it starts to smell off, or sour or something. The first time it happened I assumed it was a one off but it seems to happen to every one I buy.
    Has anyone else noticed that?
    What alternatives would you recommend?

2. Lightning touch is the best I've used BUT I've found that long before it's empty, it starts to smell off, or sour or something. The first time it happened I assumed it was a one off but it seems to happen to every one I buy.
    Has anyone else noticed that?
    What alternatives would you recommend?

3. The No7 equivalent is really good.
    I'm using It stick at the moment and boing for when im really looking rough!

4. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

I've used a body shop equivalent of lightning touch before which was good. Can't remember its name now although I think it actually had the word lightning in it somewhere.

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I use a mineral concealer and highlighter by Bare Escentuals (sp?).
    Your put it on with a brush and it covers spots, dark circles, blemishes and works just as well as touche eclat.
    Marvellous!

6. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

as belle said, it's very good. i don't use powder under my eyes, though, boing works best for me.

7. A friend of mine uses the Aldi version of touche eclat-she says that for the price (about £1.99) it's just as good.
    Laura mercier secret concealer (especially for undereye area) or bobbi brown corrector (generally bought cheaply on ebay) work best for my dark circles. I chop and change as each one runs out but have still to find my holy grail.
    Keeping on the subject of dark circles (occupational hazard of being a teacher ) has anyone ever tried the wonder cream Hylexin-at £52 it's far too expensive to lash out for just on a whim.

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Just had a look in the mirror and it's ok on me.
    Mind you, I'm usually horrified when I look in the mirror so no surprises there!