1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr6 end of year production recommendations?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rachelplatt, Apr 16, 2014.

1. rachelplatt

rachelplatt New commenter

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone has any new (or old faithful) production recommendations? I love my end of year musical, but running out of new shows. We generally buy in scripts and soundtracks, then i add/edit them accordingly. Past successes have been Joseph, Alice, rats, hoodwinked....

would love to know about your past shows, and where you bought them from.

thanks in advance (crossing fingers)

2. I have used Andrew Oxspring's leavers plays for the last 5 years! They come with everything you need: script, CD etc. Always funny, well written school based topics. Songs which the kids and parents like. Highly recommended. Available from Edgy productions.

3. drvs

drvs Star commenter

sparkleghirl likes this.
  4. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

+1 for Pirates of the Curry Bean. We did that last year and it was a great success. We did Olivia (adapted from Oliver) the year before and that was pretty good too.

5. rachelplatt

rachelplatt New commenter

I've looks at Olivia in previous years but decided against....don't know if our parents would quite understand it!?!

I'll look into the pirates one now, thanks!!!!!

I had seen this www.musiclinedirect.com/.../go-for-goal.html but never used the company before. We are doing World Cup/carnival theme as a whole school theme so it would fit in nicely.

Any thoughts?

6. lightningconductor

lightningconductor New commenter

Not just Pirates of the Curry Bean - any Craig Hawes production would be good and there are several to choose from.

7. FCarpenter

FCarpenter New commenter

8. If you fancy doing something different like making a film, try this http://www.ataleunfolds.co.uk/ I did it last year and it was amazing. We did so much writing and levels went up again in the last 6 weeks of term! Instead of a performance, we did a film premiere and invited all the parents and other classes. It was amazing and worked better than any play I've had to do before. A lot of kids don't enjoy the performances and also sit around during rehearsals doing nothing

9. nacca

nacca New commenter

10. Gratzia

Gratzia New commenter

We did 'School Daze' by Edgy Productions. It was brilliant. The children really enjoyed it and it went down well wit the parents too.

11. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

12. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

We did A Midsummer Night's Dream last year, to link in with our end of year topic on Shakespeare and London. We're doing a similar thing this year but not fully decided on the play yet.

13. I would really like to do Joseph this year but I as struggling to find a script/music - I guess because of the copyright. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

14. thehawk

thehawk Occasional commenter

Shakespeare Rocks from Musicline. Best thing I have ever done in my 26 year career.

15. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I have no experience of doing these, but saw a very wonderful Y6 version of The Tempest once