1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr6/7 P7 2B phonics interview. Help.

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by shelly70, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hi,

I have an interview on Friday, I have a 20 min session with 4 yr6/7 children at P7 2B level. I just abit stuck the lesson plan says : 1. review order of the alphabet.
    I work in primary and our yr5/6 teacher says she still sings the alphabet song, however a friend who is also a teacher in SEN education who teaches yr 9/10 says that would be in her opinion not appropriate. Yr 6 is the last at primary, yr 7 first at secondary level.
    I had thought to take a large plain alphabet mat and and some flash cards and ask them to work as a group and order the flash cards, listen to how they recited the alphabet then go through the large mat with the letter names either saying or singing depending on how they recited whilst sorting.
    Thats not the total lesson plan:
    2. to teach the sound 'ar' (cvc/cvcc words)
    3. to read 2-syllable words and spell.
    4. to revise tricky words - he/she/we/me/be/was/my/you/her/they/all/are
    I would appreciate any advice or if there is a more constructive way.

thankyou. shelley

2. Hi,

I have an interview on Friday, I have a 20 min session with 4 yr6/7 children at P7 2B level. I just abit stuck the lesson plan says : 1. review order of the alphabet.
    I work in primary and our yr5/6 teacher says she still sings the alphabet song, however a friend who is also a teacher in SEN education who teaches yr 9/10 says that would be in her opinion not appropriate. Yr 6 is the last at primary, yr 7 first at secondary level.
    I had thought to take a large plain alphabet mat and and some flash cards and ask them to work as a group and order the flash cards, listen to how they recited the alphabet then go through the large mat with the letter names either saying or singing depending on how they recited whilst sorting.
    Thats not the total lesson plan:
    2. to teach the sound 'ar' (cvc/cvcc words)
    3. to read 2-syllable words and spell.
    4. to revise tricky words - he/she/we/me/be/was/my/you/her/they/all/are
    I would appreciate any advice or if there is a more constructive way.

thankyou. shelley