1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr4-Literacy-Stories with historical Setting

Discussion in 'Primary' started by *Faye-Marie*, Aug 14, 2007.

1. sketcher

sketcher New commenter

Last year I taught year 4 and for Stories with Historical Settings. I looked at Pochahontas (although I've now forgotten how to spell it.) The children were able to research her on the internet. We watched clips of the film. It was great and I was able to get some great pieces of writing from them.
    As part of this I downloaded many short stories/legends from Native American culture as texts to read with the class.
    It resulted in an exciting start to the year for the children and for me.

2. Hi just to let u know clickteaching have a unit on historical texts for year 4 based on the romansjust in case you were going to have a look

3. Hi there is planning on tes based on historical texts and vikings just type in historical stories year 4 in resources and it should come up :)

4. I know this is a really old post but I would love a copy of the Tudor planning. I'm trying to help an NQT in our school plan this unit. Many thanks
    spenellum@hotmail.com

5. Hi
    Could I have a copy of the planning for the tudor homes as well please - thank you so much!
    georgespon@hotmail.co.uk

6. I would be very grateful if you could help me out aswell. Literacy planning causes me great anguis. Thank you.

markchandler85@gmail.com