1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr4-Literacy-Stories with historical Setting

Discussion in 'Primary' started by *Faye-Marie*, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Hey...could you send me your plans too??? Thanks!!

2. Need an email ejb

3. Sorry to be a pain, could someone email the plans to me too? If any of your schools have iread installed, there is a unit for historical stories on there which is quite helpful!

Thanks
    Gemclarke24@hotmail.com

4. Hi doodlesq,

I'm an NQT doing historical settings with Year 4 too. I hate to ask but I'd be really, really grateful if you could send me a copy of your plans too!

stephenpottage@hotmail.co.uk

5. You all have mail..enjoy xx

6. sleepycat

sleepycat New commenter

7. Hi doodlesq,
    Please could I have a copy of your planning too as I am doing the Tudors 4 weeks into the start of term and will be doing this unit then. Thanks in advance
    ittles@aol.com

8. J25

J25

We did a four week stint on this last year so am hoping to adapt my plans from last year to fit in with the revised strategy, what do people think, will that work? Can't see why everything has to change so drastically if that worked well last time around.

9. I have now planned my work. For the first 6 days I'm going to concentrate on 3 short stories..looking at the features,making a list of these, character profiles, question fans, etc etc and then look at the longer novel (Rags and Patches) in the 2nd week. (I will have started reading this on first day back) I'm aiming to read 2 longer novels.. I'm also doing a separate guided reading session, phonic session etc.
    I have found it very hard to fit it all in.
    Hopefully it will be okies xxx

10. Glad you've got it sorted.

11. Yeah, thanks for all your help!! Took ages to get my head round it. Its just the fitting in that i find difficult n stressful!!

12. Doddlesq could I please have a copy - I've just bought some of the Terry Deary Chronicles to use and sounds like your planning might help with ideas. Many thanks. rgnw08811@blueyonder.co.uk

13. Hi
    I would be really grateful if you could send me the Tudors planning. I'm sure it would be loads of help. Thanks.
    maxguitar@hotmail.co.uk

14. Hello,

Doodlesq or Faye Marie.....or anyone! Would you mind sending me a copy of the plans too please please please? I am pulling my hair out with these plans! :O(
    Thank you...I will be so grateful :O)

Lal x

lauraedwards07@googlemail.com

15. Great plans!
    Thanks

16. anybody...... x

17. Hi lal! I havent completed writing my plans up.. but the first week goes something like this.. read about 3 short stories (1 by terry deary set in tudor times, rose blanche- set in the war and i need to find another) 1 book per 2 days. Going to get the kids to do character profiles, list features about historical books ie: often fictional character but meet real person from past. I am also reading one longer novel throughout which i will discuss daily and add to feature list.

Need to finalise the analyses and writing part yet. I am also doing a sep 20 mins phonics session, sep guided reading and handwriting session.

Hope thats helps.. my heads up my a**e to be fair..im an nqt and it hurts hahaha x