1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr4-Literacy-Stories with historical Setting

Discussion in 'Primary' started by *Faye-Marie*, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Please help!!
    I've got my list of books that I'm going to read, but on the first 6 days do we literally just read the stories to the class??
    Also there hardly seem to be any learning outcomes/objectives!
    I'm so confused!
    Would anyone like to help me/share planning tips??
    thanks xxx

2. Please help!!
    I've got my list of books that I'm going to read, but on the first 6 days do we literally just read the stories to the class??
    Also there hardly seem to be any learning outcomes/objectives!
    I'm so confused!
    Would anyone like to help me/share planning tips??
    thanks xxx

3. I've just planned this relating to Tudors. Leave your email and I'll send you my plan. It might help re structure of unit etc although its not quite finished.

4. J25

J25

5. doodlesq, please could I have a look at your plans too? I'm really struggling with this. Although I'm not doing the tudors I think it might help me!

ang1_m@yahoo.co.uk

thank you so much.

6. Plans on their way

xx

7. I feel like in the first 6 days the children will just be listening to me reading stories and not really doing any independent work. x

8. Lots of talking too - in pairs, using question fans etc

9. On the plus side - there wont be much marking!!

10. I've never used/seen the question fans being used...what are they?? xx

11. So I'm right in what I'm thinking? Discussion of text/reading texts/not much writing/maybe writing as a group to gather ideas.. etc etc in first 6 days..imagine the marking in the last 6 days ..writing oh no!! hahaha

12. I have fans that have question stems on them based on each of the different AF areas. I think they were on the Lancs LEA site. The children like using them to make up there own questions about texts, working in pairs to answer each others questions etc. I'll try and find the link.

13. Peer marking is always a possibility!!

14. Also.. when are we meant to teach things like word level/sentence level work such as ... there only seems to be 2 obj for each part of the unit??

15. *F-M* - cant find the link - I've emailed them to you instead.

xx

16. You're a star ****

Did you get my msg bout learning objectives above?? Sorry i feel like im mithering you haha!! x

17. We were told that by doing units from Grammar for Writing we would cover the sentence level requirements and to talk about it when met in texts etc. Where I've blocked Spelling sessions in my plan I'm going to use that time to address word level objectives. We weere told to use Spelling Bank and exciting interactive activities!!

18. Sorry to jump on the band wagon but I'm also doing historical stories and the Tudors, would you mind e-mailing me your planning.

Thanks

sijnmiddleton@rgfl.org

19. No probs...on their way
    xx