1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr2 explanations: polar regions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by whodbeateacher, Dec 19, 2011.

1. I had the same idea as we are moving onto polar regions and writing explanations. In previous years, I've kept them completely separate (so we've explained the life cycle of a frog which meant we could include a flow chart) but seems a bit mad to do that when time is short and cross curricular is the thing.
    That said, I'm still thinking how to do it - so no advice as yet. Needs to be simple enough that they get it without hours and hours of teaching what they need to know before they even put pen to paper!
    How about the life cycle of an emperor penguin.....

2. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

so what would your title be if you were to include the lifecycle of a penguin
    Oooo actually yes you could!!! How do penguins survive in antarctica? The book 'the penguin who wanted to find out' describes the changes the baby penguin goes through, like losing feathers, developing oily skin etc, all of that could go in the flow chart!!
    do you have any old planning etc?

3. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

just found another book on amazon called 'from egg to penguin' with the lifecycle of a penguin!!!

now just to plan it!!!

4. No, just thinking about changing for the new year. I always find I end up spending hundreds on amazon when a new idea strikes.... Beware....