1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr12 open evening

Discussion in 'Music' started by yarrow, Nov 13, 2011.

1. I just wondered if anyone had any new ideas for presenting/selling music at a yr 12 open evening. We are always up against science, english and maths which are the more popular choices. We do get small groups opting but its a continuous battle. Any ideas for an all singing all dancing presentation??!

2. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Sing your presentation whilst dancing.

3. Put a student performance on?

4. I had considered this but my dancing isn't up to scratch! Seriously, any ideas? The evening is held in the sports hall with all subject areas together so a performance isn't an option. Help!

5. What about lining the route from the entrance to the sports hall with buskers and having a few short performances from a choir/vocal group in the main hall to entertain everyone?

6. The buskers could also have collection buckets and signs about charities they are raising money for.