1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr1/2 Interview lesson - help needed!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lizfitzgerald, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Hi All
    I'm an NQT and have got an interview to teach a Yr 1/2 mixed class (have never taught a mixed class before). Need to teach a 15 min lesson on the carpet and can be on any topic. Any suggestions / tips would be very much appreciated!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Top tip: don't ask for ideas on here. Many interviewees do this and at least one head who posts regularly on TES has had multiple candidates turning up with the same lesson, having all seen and copied it from TES.
    You must have ideas of your own - and that's what the school is looking for. I suggest you formulate your own plan (always begin with your learning objective and work from there) and then run it by an experienced teacher whose opinion you value.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Good advice from Middlemarch there.
    I'd just add, go with something you're confident with, even better passionate about!

4. Great advice from Middlemarch and Lara mfl 05 :)
    As Middlemarch says, beware of asking for ideas on here.... I started a new post in September and later found out that 2 candidates did identical lessons (probably found online) and neither were appointed. Neither the kids or smt were impressed either. Good luck!