1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr 6 lesson obs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mancminx, Mar 28, 2014.

1. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

With SATs only a few weeks away, I have been fortunate to have gained an interview where I have to do a lesson-maths with yr6. There won't be anything new to teach them so I know it's probably more based around class interaction and management , am I on the right track?

Thanks

2. Ooh, I would be wary of thinking that! I am secondary not primary so someone with better knowledge than me will be along but I would want to see you teaching them something and class interaction and management will be part of that, I don't think that they should be the focus of the lesson.

3. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Depending on the time you have, what about doing a maths investigation?

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

As I've said on the same thread this OP has posted elsewhere - does that mean Y6 children are not taught any maths or English after early May?

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

As I have said in greater detail on the other thread about this.

No.

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

6. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Thank you for all the replies.