1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr 6 into 7 Transition Lesson

Discussion in 'History' started by Sally1418, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Sally1418

Sally1418 New commenter

Evening all,

Does anyone have any lessons/ideas for a very interactive/engaging Year 6 into Year 7 taster lesson for History? Have some ideas but a few more would be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

2. littlemissrachy

littlemissrachy New commenter

I usually do a 'why is chronology' important lesson. Timelines and what not. I then finish with a brief look at anachronism to hammer home the importance of chronology. Usually getting students to look at the pic and identify the ideas. Students seem to enjoy the timeline activity (and it gives them something tangible to take home) and the anachronism task, if you do it as a think, pair, pair, share can be quite fun.

3. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

There's a really good 'whodunnit' that introduces primary and secondary evidence here on TES. I adapted it for a 45 minute lesson last year and it was fabulous.

4. zlsorrell

zlsorrell New commenter

I am history teacher who has gone into Year 6 classes in our feeder schools as part of a transition project. I teach a lesson that fits in with their World War 2 unit and it is always very well received by teachers and pupils. I'm planning on uploading it on the TES resources in the next few days if you're interested.

5. toadman

toadman Occasional commenter

I will have a look at this

6. Lsthatcher

Lsthatcher New commenter

hi
    would it be possible to share the link to your resource please?