1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr 6 class novel friendship issues

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sunnyisland, Jun 16, 2011.

1. I am taking on a Yr 6 class next term with a whole lot of friendship/bullying etc issues. Can anyone recommend a class novel which will help?

2. There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom by Louis Sachar.

3. Thank you. I'll have a look at that one.

4. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

I read this as "novel friendship issues" as opposed to "suggestions for a novel exploring friendship issues." I was hoping for something funny. [​IMG]

5. poet

poet New commenter

CloudBusting - Malorie Blackman.

It's a narrative poem and is about two boys and their friendship. Every year 6 class i've had has loved it. I have some planning on it somewhere too for a couple of weeks work which I usually do right at the beginning of term or after tests as a project based thing. If you like the book then PM me with your address and i'll send it to you.

6. Poet could i nab a copy of this please? [​IMG]
    c_black@live.co.uk

7. wordclass

wordclass New commenter

Cloud busting is actually a book - so it wouldn't be possible to get a copy. Highly recommended though - each chapter is a different poetic form and the story is moving. Definitely worth buying!

8. I agree....my class adored cloudbusting and hung on every word. It was also a fab way to introduce and have fun with different forms of poetry (perfect for the end of the year).

9. richbreeds

richbreeds New commenter

There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom by Louis Sachar. I have done this with my year 6 class. It tackles the issues really well. My class loved it. I will do this again- it is great!

10. poet

poet New commenter

My planning?