1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

yr 5/6 Kensuke's Kingdom

Discussion in 'Primary' started by squiggly1, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Hi I am having to do a two week unit of work on the book Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo.Has anyone got any interesting planning/ideas/ activities to get me started.
    Thanks

2. Hi I am having to do a two week unit of work on the book Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo.Has anyone got any interesting planning/ideas/ activities to get me started.
    Thanks

3. Try searching for the author and /or book on the web. I've tried this with various authors with some success.

4. this is one of the recommended texts used for the transition units from yr6 to yr7. I have used the plans given by the standards site on several occasions when working with yr 6. Its a really great book. Try looking up transitions units on the standards website and see if it throws up the publications.

5. hi there, We do this as a transition unit and I have w hwole load of stuff I have put into a booklet, It is on my other computer , but if you leave your email i will forward it to you if you like x

6. I am also a year 5/6 teacher about to teach this unit. Please could I also have a copy of your booklet? theharpers4@yahoo.co.uk
    thanks

7. If your anywhere near Richmond it is on at the theatre at the beginning of May! We are taking our year 6 children!

8. ill grab it off my laptop and post you it tomorrow if thats ok

9. That'll be great thanks.

10. Sorrim

Sorrim Occasional commenter

Transition units here:http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/primary/teachingresources/literacy/nls_units_of_work/404205/y6t3authors_texts/nls_y6y7exunits011302tran.pdf

11. A play version of this book will be shown in Manchester (at the Lowry) in July, incase anyone fancies it!

12. Cherryblossom -why not upload it to the TES resource bank (see menu on left)?

Will save you having to email it to everyone! :eek:)

13. Cherry - sorry to be a pain but could i have a copy too? I know its cheeky.

Or if you upload it to the resources section we could get it from there.

Thanks.

pinkobbit@hotmail.co.uk