1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr 5 20 min creative literacy lesson!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Lu_Star, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I've got an interview next Monday for a year 5 mixed ability class of approx 16 pupils and need ideas for a 20 minute creative literacy lesson!

Any ideas?

Thank you x

2. Hi all,

I've got an interview next Monday for a year 5 mixed ability class of approx 16 pupils and need ideas for a 20 minute creative literacy lesson!

Any ideas?

Thank you x

3. This is what I did and it bagged me a job! Creative = active! So... I opted for an Anthony Browne book - The Tunnel. Its a picture book so a little bit different. Get yourself a copy. Introduce story/background. Share text up until Rose faces dilemma - should she go into tunnel? Get boys in group to imagine they are Jack and girls to imagine they are Rose. Do a decision alley type activity - should Rose go into tunnel - pick a child to be Rose. Share end of the text. Ask chn if they liked ending - is Jack and Rose's relationship like their relationships with brothers/sisters? Might sound a bit abstract of you haven't read the book! Good luck!

Ekl96 likes this.
  4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Before you decide which resources to use, I suggest very strongly you identify a learning objective.

5. What objective did you base the lesson around?
    x

6. Samar - if you are lucky enough to get a reply, why not then email them back with the date, time and address of your interview?
    On a slightly less sarcastic note ... imagaine one of the people interviewing you reads this thread. Do you think that they will be impressed with your resourcefullness or underwhelmed by your inability to have your own ideas? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a Head Teacher or some other "person of responsibility" MiddleMarch?