1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Yr 3/4 maths planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by traine3, May 22, 2011.

1. Any ideas anybody?

2. What is it you want? Somebody to provide lesson plans for you. If you want help with a particular topic, then you need to at least provide some LOs. I'm teaching this at the moment and B3 covers quite a lot of ground. Not sure why you would have a problem with the shape part of the unit as this always lends itself to a practical activity.

3. No, I am perfectly happy to put the work in and do my own lesson plans. It's just some ideas to develop that I was hoping for.
    It's mostly the problem solving elements. I didn't specify LO's as I was looking for general suggestions.
    I am new to this, as a trainee. I feel that sometimes people can forget how confusing planning can be when everything is new! I'm not asking to be spoon fed, but a few ideas would be a great help.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

5. If you're looking for ideas for problem-solving, good ideas are found at the nrich or beam sites. Just google them and they will be the first ones that come up.

6. Thanks Marlin, that's really helpful [​IMG]

7. Thank you Irulan. Someone at school lent me a Beam book today, it's got some great ideas. I'll check out the website as well. [​IMG]

8. Fantastic - thanks Irulan. This and Beam were just the sort of thing I was looking for. I am teaching a mixed year group, so am trying to find problems to extend the higher attainers, as they finish the main tasks quickly. I've got a few ideas now, that should keep them busy!