1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr 2 traditional tales

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, May 11, 2012.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Im being very organised and thinking about next year! In the autumn term our topics are toys, and then heroes and superheroes. I like to take mine to the pantomime at Christmas, which this year is snow white. What I'm asking is which topic would u cover traditional tales? I'm thinking I could do goldilocks at the three bears in the toy topic, or I could do snow white in the superehero topic, looking at good/bad characters etc. what would YOU do?

2. rainbowdrop86

Im being very organised and thinking about next year! In the autumn term our topics are toys, and then heroes and superheroes. I like to take mine to the pantomime at Christmas, which this year is snow white. What I'm asking is which topic would u cover traditional tales? I'm thinking I could do goldilocks at the three bears in the toy topic, or I could do snow white in the superehero topic, looking at good/bad characters etc. what would YOU do?

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Or you could do any tale in the heroes and superheroes. I did Hansel and Gretel this year following advice (on here obviously!) that Goldilocks was far too easy for year 2. But you could, and should, read lots of tales as storytime, so could cover Snow White there.

My class loved Hansel and Gretel and so did I.

4. rainbowdrop86

Yeah I was thinking hansel and gretel as hansel was quite a hero!

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Though Gretel saved the day...

6. rainbowdrop86

Cheers, thank you! Will def still do the panto trip though!

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Of course!

I'd like to do that, and have in nearly every school I've taught in. But my current school books a company to come in and perform, so can't really take my class/year group out.