1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yr 1 interview

Discussion in 'Primary' started by chloeEB, Jun 12, 2008.

1. I have got my first interview on Monday as an NQT and I am petrified.

I have to plan an hours lesson and then teach the first 20 minutes. the first part of the interview will then be a discussion on the rest of the lesson, its development, the activities and the plenary. The lesson has to be either a literacy or numeracy lesson and is for a class of 22 mixed ability Yr 1's. I want to do something really different and impressive, probably based on a picture book such as room on the broom, however I am lacking ideas!!!!

Can anyone suggest some activities or ideas that might help as at the moment I really starting to freak out about it all!!!!

Many thanks

2. I have a lesson plan and powerpoint to go with it for a y1 lesson on poetry - pattern and rhyme if you want it as a starting point - or just to pinch?

3. hiya, last week on supply, I read Aliens love underpants and then in first pasrt of lesson, I created my own alien and thenwrote abut it. For lower ability was simple - box to draw alien in, then underneath

My alien has .... heads
    My alien has ..... eyes etc

For higher ability, box to draw in and then lines to write sentences. Allowed for imagination and descriptive writing. I have the sheets for this.

I also have a poetry lesson too where could start off with class - allows talk partners too Just need some ryhming cards.

Let me know if this helps or you want anything x

4. You are both saviours!!!

If possible could you end me EVERYTHING!!!

My e-mail is chloebartlett1@hotmail.co.uk.

I appreciate it so much and I think you have just saved me from becoming unemployable!!!

5. You've got mail - good luck and let us know how you get on!

6. Could I be really cheeky and ask for a copy of the lesson plans as well - I have an interview next week as well...
    e-mail is hsadams7@msn.com

7. Poppychick

Poppychick New commenter

I have done junk model monsters based on this text. Perhaps just with one group the ones with you and tehn could label like ...

scary eyes
    enormouse ears
    incredible toes

8. hi there, you have mail. Good luck x

9. if possible please could you send me the alien stuff . will be doing this book soon . many thanks. please send to class2@hever.kent.sch.uk

10. hey its be agessssssssssssss since this post was posted... i was wondering if i could be cheeky enough to request planning linked to aliens love underpants? i need some inspiration.. id be eternally grateful? thanks!
    shakzie@hotmail.com