1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

youTube

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Feb 7, 2017.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

If you watch youTube what sort of things might you watch.i start of watching something than seem to wander....or if I am learning i plow trough a theme eg building work or motorcycle jtravels.......I alos enjoy listening to excerts from movies or even whole movies

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Fly tying, fishing methods, repair videos and so on.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sometimes I watch more Youtube than normal TV... mostly geek stuff...

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Pretty much anything as long as it's not more than about 10 minutes long. I still draw the distinction between a proper telly and a computer monitor. I never watch video on my mobile phone screen - far too weedy.

5. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

uploaded documentaries - especially if they are on topics you hadn't much expected to find

6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I am going to start watching ten minute workout videos. And then I'm going to do them. I am, I really, really am.

Lara mfl 05 and lanokia like this.
  7. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

rising damp?

8. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I have days like that too
    Mostly because of my hobbies

lanokia likes this.
  9. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

And, of course there's always "the cats".:D

10. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Wish I could do this
    Or afford to do this

With apologies to MSB :D

11. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

Only really use it regularly for lesson clips, 'how to' videos and product research. Occasionally I've also searched out old children's tv programmes in my more nostalgic moments. Pogles Wood, Mr Benn, Mary, Mungo & Midge, Trumpton, Chigley, Children of the Stones, Escape into Night are all on there somewhere.

Latest thing I watched about a month ago was when choosing a phone case for my new mobile. I watched loads of videos of people dropping phones (under 'scientific conditions') from great heights with different protective cases to check for the effectiveness of each brand before splashing out.

12. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

That's what I was a bit like once, before I let me 'air grow.

13. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Our Deputy Head has made a YouTube video of how to upload your PM evidence onto the system, which unfathomably came up as a search result while I was looking at Stewart Lee clips. Havent really been able to settle back into YouTube viewing since then, for fear of her popping up again on my screen.
    Not even to watch more Stewart Lee.
    Furious.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  14. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

60's music!

15. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

95% music for me...

16. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Most of my youtube watching is for a specific aim, almost never just browsing. Usually something practical - fixing a monobloc tap, plastic shed stand, bikes cars diy etc. Music occasionally. Checking holiday destinations

Latest a couple of days a ago was to research and check use of a plunge saw before buying.

17. oldsomeman

Thank you for your replies. it certainly is a way to while away a few hours.
    Its addictive..Especially when i start watching travel blogs and think..'so much to do and see' and then realise this might be the only way i will see such places.Young folk have so many chances to explore than i did as a young man..usually had to work to help out family ..alas it was life.

18. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

I'm always checking out Fanny on youTube.

les25paul likes this.
  19. oldsomeman

I would sooner have LULU....i did have a big crush on her once and still like her singing