1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

YouTube Schools

Discussion in 'Primary' started by coyy, Jan 25, 2012.

1. coyy

coyy New commenter

Has anyone tried using Youtube schools in the classroom at primary level? I am ICT coordinator and regularly get asked by staff how to access youtube. We are able to do this via a staff proxy that in effect turns off the filters, unfortunately this is not especially easy to do, and despite setting people up on the proxy and producing instructions I still get asked fairly regularly. I noticed that You tube now has a dedicated channel for schools www.youtube.com/schools Has anyone used it? Does it have suitable content? Ideally I would like to unfilter just the schools channel as I would like to children to be able to use it, not just staff via the proxy? Is this possible or would I just end up unfiltering the whole of You tube (I definitely don't want to do this). We are a SWGFL learning school if that helps.

Any ideas??