1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

YouTube Safety Mode Nightmare

Discussion in 'Music' started by ford4610, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Hello all
    Does anyone else have problems with YouTube's safety mode? I cannot get it to switch off when I am in school and our network manager says it is not the school who have enabled it but YouTube themselves. I can't access any Glam Rock or the like to help with A2 teaching. What a wonderful resource YouTube is... IF we can access it!
    Does anyone have any advice?
    Best wishes

2. Hello all
    Does anyone else have problems with YouTube's safety mode? I cannot get it to switch off when I am in school and our network manager says it is not the school who have enabled it but YouTube themselves. I can't access any Glam Rock or the like to help with A2 teaching. What a wonderful resource YouTube is... IF we can access it!
    Does anyone have any advice?
    Best wishes

3. midnightoil

midnightoil New commenter

This is what I do if I need to use a Youtube resource and I do it because if wi-fi goes down my lesson plan is ruined. Download RealPlayer and save the video as an flv file which you can show with a data projector. It is all bundled in with the free download of Real Player.