1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

YouTube and how it relates to TES resources for sale

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by z1k, Dec 13, 2016.

1. z1k

z1k New commenter

Dear all,

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to the break - I am!

I thought I would let you know about something I've been trying recently - namely, a YouTube channel where I advertise myself, my expertise and, of course, "advertise" resources that I am trying to sell on TES (as well as trying to raise my overall profile).

I started out by making video explainers for my Year 12 Literature classes and gradually started adding more. If anyone would like to know more about the process, let me know and I will write a longer post.

Anyway - would you be more likely to buy a TES resource from a teacher with a YouTube profile where you could check out "previews" or at least get a flavour of the sort of resource you would be purchasing?

It would be great to have fellow professionals' comments on this and if anyone has the time or inclination, please feel free to check out my YT link below and support my efforts to go digital!

Thanks everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm6LUOf6OzhPO68K_neW7LA

Rosie

2. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

3. VirtuallyQatarted

VirtuallyQatarted New commenter

same here, I am going to do some preview on my youtube channell. I started to give instructions on how to download the zipped file and open the resources from the EXTRACTED file. I get emails saying it is my fault they are unable to extract the files properly. I put a you tube link on my page and some actually complained he couldn't open it. These peoblems are all technical problem related and nothing to do with the resource. Sometimes I think 'no good deed goes unpunished'. Anyway, great idea,

4. TheGingerTeacher

Agreed videos with instructions areally a good idea.

5. vuvuzela

vuvuzela Occasional commenter

And no good resource should go unpublished.

6. TheGingerTeacher

I ha e seen some really great instruction videos on YouTube but I never remember who made them unless I actually book mark them and go back. Make sme wonder if people will remember ours.