1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Youth worker vacancy - is my qualification valid

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cys2017, Jul 12, 2018.

1. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

Hi

I have completed a degree in childhood and youth studies BA Hons at Coventry university before completing my degree in PGCE in FE

I was looking at a youth work vacancy which requires a professional JNC qualification , BA Hons youth and community programme. I’ve tried googling it but haven’t found much useful.

Does anyone know if my BA HONS in childhood and youth studies would be sufficient?

Thank you
    Cys2017

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

A quick search brought up this
    To gain the status of JNC qualified at professional level, you need to have completed a full BA (Hons) Youth and Community programme or a post graduate qualification that has been validated through the National Youth Agency, and as such, is recognised by the JNC.

The JNC recognises youth and community workers' qualifications which have been professionally approved by the Education Training Standards (ETS) Committee of the National Youth Agency. We endorse youth support worker qualifications and have a process of professional validation for higher education programmes.

cys2017 likes this.
  3. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

Thanks Lara. I read something like that too. I’m not sure how to find out if it has been accredited by the National youth agencey?

Thanks