1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your year of birth

Discussion in 'Personal' started by defenceagainstthedarkarts, Apr 7, 2017.

1. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

I meet people that I went to school with. They look like pensioners. I am really fortunate that I have aged so well and am still young at heart. Luck me.
    Then I look in the mirror!

TCSC47, wanet, sabrinakat and 4 others like this.
  2. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Be careful with what some of you are posting. I'm not going to go do any stalking....but I now know with one or two here, what town they live in, what religion they are, what pubs they go to, what vehicle they drive and what year they were born.

me....about 1971

Flere-Imsaho and wanet like this.
  3. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

@oldsomeman ... I too followed @Dunteachin's google to find "sprunting"..... I am totally shocked!!!

@racroesus ...why on earth would I want to be a year older than I am.... as I look like I might actually make it to all the 6s ??

Stalking..... hmmmm well I admit I have tried Google and Facebook searches for my first bf from when I was 17....... if anyone knows a Richard Francis Dalton of Irish heritage (Waterford or Wexford I think) .... who left a summer season as Beach Patrol in Blackpool to return to the Holloway area of London......give me a shout !!!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

I haven't lived in Chester for over 2 decades now, but you are right. There is too much info in there...:oops: I'll get the mods to delete bits.

5. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

I can recall being three. It's not that great- mainly I'm in an oxygen tent trying not to die.

6. Postduif

Postduif Occasional commenter

1944. One thing to be said, it's easier downhill: and as you get older you feel less obliged to explain - why you don't want to go there/see this/do that, why you don't like things. That, and grandchildren - love, delight and pleasure without responsibility; taking them home after an outing - "I think they're a bit over-excited..." - and home to a glass of dry sherry whilst their parents cop the sugar-rush.

lexus300 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Streetcleaner

Streetcleaner New commenter

I'm old enough to have used a typewriter before and that's all you need to know. I like to think I look younger than I am but I think the pot belly gives it away.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

1913. It says so in my FB profile. Along with my name and other data relevant to my uncle who was killed when his bomber crashed in 1942.

sabrinakat, InkyP and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  9. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

To be 'best people' and you might need to age no more than a day.

10. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

So so true:)

11. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I just love this post,
    Though I'm sure I won't do anything like that with my grandchildren.;)

Attached Files:

12. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

The first reference that popped up from my Google,was to the Urban dictionary unfortunately, and the definition there is absolutely disgusting. However, if you look a bit further you see that sprunt is a proper word meaning "to spring up", "to germinate", "to spring forward and outward".

The English language is a living and growing language and the meaning of words will change, but here, we have a rather disgusting example made up by some gutter mind somewhere. It is very sad.-- (As The Donald would say.)

13. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

....very sad, very sad.

TCSC47 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  14. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I think Olds meant 'sprinting'...
    You know what he's like with typos. ;)

Lara mfl 05 and TCSC47 like this.
  15. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

16. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I just looked it up! What sad, sick, twisted mind thought that up? I've never met @oldsomeman but I'm sure he hasn't been doing that!

17. martianho

martianho New commenter

1989 and I feel old now. World evolves a lot since I was young. :eek:

18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Some people like chitterlings

19. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Allegedly it is designed to do that ;)

martianho and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  20. martianho

martianho New commenter