1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your worst nightmare!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jesmond12, Sep 4, 2017.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Being trapped on a cruise ship full of Daily Mail readers for all eternity with nothing on the telly but soaps, 'talent' shows and 'reality' TV.

I could get used to rodents, reptiles, arachnids and other venomous creepy crawlies.

peggylu, coffeekid, InkyP and 3 others like this.
  2. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Lol!!! You mean get used to OTHER rodents etc...? :):)

3. magic surf bus

For some reason that description has triggered this bizarre mental image of blank staring Barbie dolls spilling out of your defiled wardrobe and pursuing you stiff-legged along the landing to the strains of the Psycho strings. I blame the years I spent teaching Media :)

bombaysapphire and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  4. magic surf bus

Be fair now - rodents can't help their repulsive behaviour, and are actually quite intelligent underneath.

5. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

You are evil. First Frank with the Gove pic, and now this...

6. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I had to be careful how I "quoted" FrankWolley for fear THAT repulsive image popped up again. The thought of Old Sluglips for PM cannot be borne.

Ick.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  7. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

Not being fit enough to look after myself,

frangipani123 and InkyP like this.
  8. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Well, call me picky, but my worst nightmare would be Bradley Walsh appearing in a prominent role on a prime-time long-running cult TV series.

9. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Shudder... This thread should carry some sort of "Certificate X" warning.

I'm sure George Orwell would have used your idea for Room 101, had such things been around back in 1948.

10. colpee

colpee Star commenter

peggylu, InkyP and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  11. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Yes, this is also a fear, particularly with Alzheimers. If you manage to avoid dementia the lesson I learned from my Dad is don't fall over - it was slowly downhill for him after his last fall. Also have a downstairs loo in case you do fall.

12. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

I've got one of those but not an upstairs one. :(

13. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Not ideal but it might be more useful if you ended up confined to one floor. My Dad was going to be confined to one room downstairs with a commode next to his bed. I think it was actually better for him that he died before he left hospital, he would have hated to live like that. Referring to the photos (selfies) thread, it was good, at his funeral, to look at photos and cine films of his younger self to celebrate the exciting things he did in his younger life rather than remember him in such a helpless state.

frangipani123 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  14. elledriver

elledriver Lead commenter

Bradley Walsh doesn't beat being burned alive in my list.

15. galerider123

galerider123 Lead commenter

[​IMG]

Makes me nauseous even looking at this photo...just to be clear, standing on the edge of a very high precipice...

16. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Having to go back into the classroom!

17. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Having to take my driving test again.

18. dleaf12

dleaf12 Lead commenter

This!!

Be Prepared! - A shovel full of salt will cause slug-lips to swell up and burst, never to slime around again.

19. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

My worst nightmare is the death of my grand-daughters, and in the nightmare it's always my fault. I lose them, or the bedroom window I always keep locked opens when they're leaning on it, or they fall off a cliff.

20. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

@Calpurnia99 I couldn't 'like' this but I know exactly what you mean.

nomad and calamansi like this.