1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your worst nightmare scenario

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dominant_tonic, Mar 22, 2013.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

As said on previous thread,trying to go for distraction hence the numerous threads started.
    To be stuck in a room full of butterfly aquariums. Would die a thousand deaths.

2. dominant_tonic

As said on previous thread,trying to go for distraction hence the numerous threads started.
    To be stuck in a room full of butterfly aquariums. Would die a thousand deaths.

3. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Getting pregnant and having twins.
    I occasionally dream that I am pregnant. Takes me a while to recover when I wake up.

4. dominant_tonic

You have my symoathies on this one! I remember not so long back waking up in a cold sweat after dreaming about two blue lines on a tester. Not good.

5. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Having to walk uphill forever.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

LOL!
    My worst nightmare?
    Finding out I'm pregnant or losing the corkscrew! [​IMG]

7. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Wishing you all the best Penny.
    I am very jealous about the new puppy Kinsa. Please post lots of photos.

8. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Regarding the OP, the images of those people leaping from the World Trade Center on September 11th still haunt me. Making the choice that they had to make would be one of my worst nighmares. That and being unable to save a family member from death or injury.

10. Me,too, MSB.

11. inky

inky Lead commenter

My nightmares often involve huge waves or the fear [quite rational, in my opinion] of falling from a great height.
    My real life fear? Fire.

12. My worst nightmare scenario?

I"m going to borrow my lovely friend Cosmos' phrase and say "Hollow laughter*

I live in a world of worst case scenarios....Waiting at the airport? What will I do if the plane arriving with my loved ones, bursts into flames before it lands? What will I do in the thunderstorm if it strikes the land, and both cows die of an electric shock? What if a python eats my baby bantams? What if that barking I heard last night was actually the feral dogs, and what if they get those five 'bluddy' ducks who have decided not to come home? (That was Abby, Gibbs, and Danny's three girls, named after my sisters, for those that 'know' us. What if there's a bush fire/ (actually real possibility)....

What if the fact I can't manage a single post without mentioning my animals, proves that I am also going completely crazy, and when people say "How are you?" I say "Fine... but Jessie seems a bit off her food, and I;m worried the dog is going quietly crazy. Or is that me?!

Oh, I can imagine a worst case scenario every day... and generally do!

13. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Same here. I get more and more neurotic as I get older (practice makes perfect, I suppose). All my fears are to do with something bad happening to my loved ones, and of course I include my pets in that too.
    Did anyone see the film 'Finding a friend for the end of the world'? I was heart broken and bereft for days. The film depicted a potential catastrophe that is one of my worst nightmares.

14. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Annie & Kibosh, I thought it was just me who had these terrible worst case scenarios running around in my head. I have never told anyone about my thoughts and I really cannot voice them out loud or even write them down -:(

15. Hugs, Angie... come and join the madness. There was actually an Australian movie (whose name I have completely forgotten unfortunately) ..but it featured a female who was an artist, and she had these worst case scenarios in her head, and she would paint them. OH thought it was a bit extreme, and a bit far-fetched, but I was saying "No! This is my life!"!!!!

16. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

An example of mine (madness). Last week Mr K said he was meeting a friend at a location just 15mins drive from our house. I had texted him from work to ask him to pick up 2 items from the supermarket, which is 3 mins from our house and on the way back from the meeting place. He texted me at 4.10 to say 'Just leaving now and will pick up stuff'. I fully expected him back by 5pm at the very latest. Still no sign of him by 5.30 and no answer on his mobile. He saunters in at 5.50pm all happy and smiling until he saw the look on my face.
    I had been curtain twitching like 'I'm Frank and I'm a nosy neighbour' on speed for nearly an hour and had imagined all sorts of terrible things.
    Of course he had simply neglected to tell me his meeting place had changed to one which is over an hours drive away.

17. Anything happening to my two children.
    Having already lost two, that would be the worst thing that could happen to me ever.

18. Oh, I can understand that, KiboshThey say that anxiety runs in families, and all five of my siblings have some sort of anxiety and/or depressive disorder.

A lot of my 'waiting-for_OH-to-come-home' anxiety, I'm sure comes directly from my mother, who come Friday, 5.30 pm, when 99% of all Glaswegian men were spending their earnings down the pub... my mum would be pacing up and down, and saying "That man's going to be late for dinner.... I bet he's in the library again" ... and she was serious.. He used to exchange his library books on a Friday, so that he had a fresh batch for the weekend.. and my mother got terribly anxious!

19. Surely there are thousands of worst nightmare scenarios? (Most involving those we love, terminal illness or horrible accidents I'd imagine....)
    How do you pick just one? [​IMG]

I don't like to dwell on things like that....does no good....brings me down, instantly because it's all in the lap of the Gods...
    An every day situation would be me, stuck living next door to someone who thought boom, boom heavy bass 'modern music' was wonderful to listen to 24hrs a day....played loudly.That would drive me to doing something bad....

20. dominant_tonic

I know this. I didn't intent the thread to turn out this way - it became very serious. I feel that my lack of clarity in the thread title is probably responsible but cn't change it now. My butterfly scenario is obviouisly a lot different from death of family etx which would be everyone's worst nightmare I would have thought. I was going for light-hearted, but mis-pitched I feel!