1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your tales of survival during the biscuit shortage

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

:rolleyes:

:p

:D

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Surprised there haven't been riots.

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Does this crisis also affect the High Bake Water Biscuits I have been unsuccessfully trying to find for my Dad?

4. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I would imagine so, InkyP. They are made by Carrs of Carlisle I think.

5. peakster

peakster Star commenter

A friend of mine made a malteser that weighed about half a ton once when he was working for a chocolate company (he got the settings wrong).

Not a biscuit story but funny nevertheless.

lindenlea and Dragonlady30 like this.
  6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Thanks DoY that explains everything.

7. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Water Biscuits?

Oh, the irony!

Duke of York likes this.
  8. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Haha. That's what one gets for living so long in a part of the country renowned for being stingy!

9. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

The rubbish that you read on twitter!
    Doncaster Sheffield Airport has been helping to ensure that consumers still get their biscuits following a national shortage.

The cargo team at Doncaster Sheffield Airport, have welcomed two Boeing 777 aircraft full of biscuits into the region in the last two weeks.

Dayle Hauxwell, cargo manager for Doncaster Sheffield Airport said: “There has been a lot of press coverage about Britain’s biscuit shortage following the floods in December and we are pleased to hear that the factories hope to be up and running again this month. In the mean time we’ve been delighted to welcome two flights from Emirates full of the nation’s favourite biscuits.

“We’ve welcomed all sorts of different cargo over the years from a pride of Lions to last year’s consignment of tea, this time we’ve quite literally ‘taken the biscuit!'"

These flights also mark the first flights from Emirates SkyCargo, the cargo airline, based in Dubai to Doncaster Sheffield Airport.

“We were delighted to welcome Emirates to Doncaster Sheffield Airport. This new relationship shows that our cargo operations are going from strength to strength and our reputation for handling cargo flights from around the globe is growing.

“Thanks to this new relationship the Great British public have been able to enjoy a biscuit with their cuppa.”

The latest cargo figures from Doncaster Sheffield Airport showed that 2015 was a record breaking year for cargo in which the airport saw the most freight handled since the airport opened.

The airport has also seen an increase in large movements including B747s, AN225 and AN124s.

10. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

Biscuit shortage? That's rich -tea will not be the same. It could drive a person crackers or (ginger)nuts, unless they don't give a fig(roll) for biscuits. I shall have to hobnob with the (custard) cream of society in the hope of crumbs from their table. I shall charter a taxi and not wafer in my search. I will take time out to club all I Jaffa over come. It will not be nice.
    I suppose, though, if things are really short - bread will have to do. :D

cissy3 and grumpydogwoman like this.
  11. grumpydogwoman

Phew.

upload_2016-3-9_12-25-29.png

On offer at the shops today. The relief!!!!

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I had biscuits included for my fishing lunch, yesterday. There are obviously biscuits in the house, albeit not ones that I particularly like.

13. grumpydogwoman

That says it all.

Word order.

A woman would pack her own biscuits. "I included biscuits...."
    A man? "I had biscuits included...." GRRRRRRR. :mad:

You want better biscuits? Make your own lunch!

14. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Yes they are.