1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your statement of Educational philosophy

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by singapura, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I would like some guidance on which are the bullet points or the format approach that is expected when requested to give my statement of educational philosophy. I know what I expect from the students, school, etc, my teaching style and techniques and favourite trends, but how should I put it together on a paper? I usually include on my cover letter as a paragraph.
    Thank you for any advice,
    C.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You should set out your philosophy of education in an application. Yours. Your own. Your own personal one.
    So when you google "philosophy of education examples", remember that a good number of applicants will have googled these as well . . .
    A school is likely to be unhappy with any part of an application that seems copied . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars