1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your signature!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

On a separate not, (or "sidebar" as a well known sexagenarian and self-proclaimed sex deity often described it), has anyone had any luck in writing their signature with any degree of accuracy and familiarity on those electronic devices that delivery drivers use to record acceptance of delivery?

I've found it virtually impossible to sign them in a way that anyone would recognise as being a representation of my signature. I suspect the driver would be able to do a better job of it by forging my signature.

If like me you struggle with them, what's the bleedin' point?

Lara mfl 05 and grumpydogwoman like this.
  2. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I've looked up that term and having seen the posts from the admins on this subject in the Help forums I am extremely tempted to e-mail them with a nomination for you Grumpydogwoman (including the "permalinks" (?) to certain posts on this thread as part of the supporting evidence)

;):D

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

..although the adverts would have to be aimed at the Forum reader demographic wouldn't they?

_________________________________________________________________________________
    More marking again this weekend? Get hammered for less at BARGAIN BOOZE.

4. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I don't find them to be much of a problem.
    But I am, as part of my current role, testing whether practice on a similar device (used by the Department of Work & Pensions for claimants) can be part of a support package for digital training.
    Which means I have spent a lot of time testing how best to use them

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I do agree and although , like gdw, i definitely want to be offered one, i don't know what I'd do with it. What may sound pithy and a propos today may seem tedious and self serving later, depending on my mood.

cissy3, kibosh and grumpydogwoman like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Lanokia is brought to you by Asda, making your pound stretch further.

[​IMG]

7. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Asda! We shall defeat thee Sainsbury's

Have at cha!

Primary_RE_teacher likes this.
  9. Duke of York

I was amused by a comment I read about Marks and Spencer's Christmas campaign a few years ago where they proclaimed "It wouldn't be Christmas without M&S" The comment observed "No, it would be Chrita, wouldn't it?

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Could anyone advertise in our signature space if they paid enough?

_____________________________________________________________________________
    [​IMG]

cissy3 likes this.
  11. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

@magic surf bus I think the tes demographic really needs this. (sadly)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

12. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Is the solicitor the chap in the suit?

At his age I would think he is. Teachers don't make it alive into their 50s any longer, do they?

(He's frightfully short.)

rachelpaula008 likes this.
  13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Goats legs and cloven hooves.

kibosh likes this.
  14. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

Dear magic surf bus.

Please allow me to introduce myself as RP from Saatchi and Saatchi. We are a promoting company of wealth and taste. We've been around for a long, long time and aim to steal souls and faith.

Whaddya say to a juicy little number of, oh, £10,000 pcm? Give us your copywriting and we'll look after you. Into eternity (mwhahhahaha....)

Please call me at your earliest convenience.

magic surf bus likes this.
  15. Duke of York

That's a rash conclusion. He might be having this discussion in a primary school classroom and been forced to sit on one of the kids' chairs like parents have to on open days.

16. rachelpaula008

Good point. I've had to have a 'comfort break' on one of those very cute little toilets in a primary school. Not so cute when perched on one...

17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

:eek: I think you may have misunderstood . . .analogy: imagine you are not YET allowed to have the shiny, new children's toy that some other adults do have and appear to be taking seriously . . the toy is given out conditionally by 'parents' for good behaviour. . . you don't actually want the toy at all, but, joy of all joys, you can play at something too; at 'Let's Pretend' . . the entire situation is ripe for mickey-taking . . . . . do I need to say more?

Duke of York likes this.
  18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I tend to splash more when using one.

19. rachelpaula008

I'm not surprised!! Like peeing into a pint glass standing up.

Sorry. Sorry again.

20. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I'm left wondering about your experiences.

rachelpaula008 likes this.