1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your school report - accurate?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by robyn147, Oct 9, 2012.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I remember the old "satisfactory."
    I don't even remember my reports. I am sure they were good though. I was a bit of a geek [​IMG]

2. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I was too conscientious for my own good at school and a real goody two shoes.

I rebelled at uni though and went completely off the rails for a bit!

3. Facetious

Facetious New commenter

Mine were a bit of a mixed bag. Primary ones always went on how about how much I preferred to be on my own and didn't mix well with others. Secondary ones either said how much I could do if I only stopped being so facetious (funny that) or praised me. I do remember the PE one saying '...somewhat lacks grace', but I don't recall signing up to be a ******' ballet dancer. I did, however, frighten the bejaysus out of folk on the hockey pitch.

4. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

At primary school, mine said that I was not "a natural athlete". At secondary school, I was given a G for P.E. Although I am admittedly not the greatest at sports, I have this year completed two 5km runs which isn't bad!
    Another one (for German! I now live in Germany!!!) Said that I was reluctant to answer questions in class, even if I knew the answers. Same went for me as many others on here- you answered every Q in class, you were bullied to high heaven!

5. I recently unearthed a ruck of old school reports that my parents unaccountably hoarded long after I left home (ah, the joys of clearing out one's parents' home...).
    Every single year, almost every teacher commented that I had no confidence and no faith in my own ability. I was 'diffident'.
    25-30 years later - no change there then. [​IMG]

6. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Found some of mine - early secondary were exemplary and then I just couldn't be bothered.
    4th year - big hole where 'dog ate it;
    5th year - massive burn hole.
    I was a bit of a rebel and it set me back years.
    Usually the comments were about 'effort;
    Which is hilarious because nowadays I am a bit of a perfectionist workaholic. Go figure.

7. My favourite one was for PE in 5th form (Y11 now)...luvinit has all the enthusiasm of overstewed spinach...completely accurate - I loathed PE
    The least accurate was leaving primary - Luvinit's attitude and intelligence leave me to believe that Tescos checkout is beyond her abilities, early marriage is the best solution - loved bumping into that teacher in the pub when I was on my hols from Kings lol

8. vannie

vannie Star commenter

I'd have framed that!
    Sarky git.

I remember getting a real earful from my Mum over my Domestic Science grade and her subsequent talk with the teacher at parent's evening. Something along the lines of me burning beans and over boiling milk and her assertion that I had absolutely no aptitude for cooking. I had been doing Sunday dinners for about 4 years by then. Mum bless her didn't let on but she did tell me to stop taking the ***. Technically housework though innit?

9. mind you wish we were allowed to write that sort of stuff now...

10. vannie

vannie Star commenter

?

I know . . . . the euphemisms are getting tiresome. 'lively'? 'sensitive'? 'assertive' ? - destructive / spoilt / mardy

11. Bungie

Bungie New commenter

In the days of honest reports, a colleague wrote: "X is seldom alert in the mornings, and usually nods off in the afternoons".
    And for a pupil with minimal attendance, the single word: "Who?"