1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your room 101

Discussion in 'Personal' started by neddyfonk, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Urbanfaerie

Urbanfaerie Occasional commenter

I'd have been the same!

2. drvs

drvs Star commenter

Maybe you were that Year 6 pupil - he was a bit of a faerie and it was a town school :D

3. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Clowns, waxworks, and particularly ventriloquists' dummies, all seem very sinister to me.

Urbanfaerie and sparklepig2002 like this.
  4. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

People who go out for a meal/drinks and then photograph the food and put it on Facebook. What is wrong with these people? Why are they faffing about with a camera when all they should be doing is opening their mouths and shovelling the grub in? Maybe I should start taking photos of my Shredded Wheat or my tuna sarnie. I'm sure it would be fascinating.

*endless photos of cats in boxes or generally looking cute/amusing are perfectly acceptable.

theworm123 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

It depends on the context, I'm not interested in someone's egg and chips but my friends' son is always travelling and posts lots of photos of his travels including food and I find them very interesting.

6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The eleventh circle of Hell is reserved just for you.

vannie likes this.
  7. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

A perfect food that comes in a hygienically sealed package. An ideal snack in places where the cleanliness is a bit iffy it is also said to be good for upset stomachs.

FrankWolley and racroesus like this.
  8. vannie

vannie Star commenter

But they smell! I can't even touch them. When it's banana day at school I make the kids open the bags.

Jaxspuzz likes this.
  9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Faecebook

drvs and vannie like this.
  10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

People who have a crisis when an insect or other small invertebrate approx. 1/10,000th of their body mass comes any where near to them.

"Ur-mah-god, ur-mah-god it's a <insert name of tiny animal here>"

"I'm <allergic to them (bet) - don't like them - have just seen one - enjoy making a fuss about nothing - am phobic (bet)> somebody just get it away from me, everything must stop while I flap around drawing attention to myself and derailing everything else that is going on".

...and...

People who see themselves as extrovert and interesting whereas they are really just loud and boring. There was a drama teacher at my old school who would sometimes come in on supply who was the definitive example of the type. She would see someone she knew and in the process of greeting her friend would be announcing to the whole staffroom that she had a great friend with whom fabulous times had been had in the past. She would sometimes join our group with a very loud uninteresting announcement (hahaha) and then be miffed that all conversations didn't stop in order to find out more about her.

...related to the above...

People with excessively loud voices.

11. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Changing room floors at swimming pools.
    Horrid, slimy, germ infested and possibly covered in wee.
    :eek:

12. drvs

drvs Star commenter

I see that even Dante has been subjected to inflation :)

rayondesoleil1976 and racroesus like this.
  13. sparklepig2002

Snotty children with green stained sleeves, who don't know how to put their hands over their mouths when they cough/sneeze all over you.

14. sparklepig2002

Rocking horses go in the same category for me. I once baby sat for a lady who had an old fashioned wooden rocking horse. It was huge and had the most evil expression on its face. Used to give me the creeps.

15. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Baby on board stickers
    The word ' amazing '

HelenREMfan likes this.
  16. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

Mansplaining.

rayondesoleil1976 likes this.
  17. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Braggarts, especially those who in the process of describing something completely normal that everyone does manage to give the impression that their version of it is bigger/better/more luxurious/more expensive/more delicious etc. etc.

18. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

People who park in disabled parking spaces when they're not disabled.

Eastenders.

Constant lateness to meetings without any apology. Their time is much more important than others.

IT support staff who patronise instead of support.

Mixed peel.

19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

PV = nRT.

drvs likes this.
  20. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Sometimes it was irresistible.