1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your room 101

Discussion in 'Personal' started by neddyfonk, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

Are you me?

2. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

What? I'm with you on SC but what's the prob with kids in trolleys? It saves you lugging the buggy out of the car and the kids think it's a bit of daring fun. Better stay out of Leeds supermarkets!

Spiders. Child murderers. Anything else.... meh.

3. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

When I say kids in trolleys, I don't mean toddlers that sit in the seat provided, but the ones aged 5+ who actually stand up in the part where the shopping goes, treading God knows what onto the trolley.

cissy3, Calpurnia99 and guinnesspuss like this.
  4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

1 - Another vote for mini-roundabouts, and especially the ****** who decided that the route to my nearest town needed a junction that consists of 2 of the ******* things together.

2 - People who cannot negotiate mini-roundabouts deciding instead that it's all too complicated and they will just pretend they aren't there at all.

3 - People in supermarkets utterly lacking in spatial awareness. Holding your trolley at a right angle to the aisle is stopping everyone getting down it, when you, your partner and your one of two children are deciding what variety of vinegar you want, it takes a good 5m of space to which no-one else has access. Leave everyone else at home and send the smallest and fastest one out.

4 - My neighbours extensive collection of feeble, under powered diy tools. Every job he does takes an age, you can hear the poor little motors working their full 150W socks off while the proper tool would be noisier it would take 1/10th of the time or less.

5 - People who go out when I go out to do chores - get out of my way! go home!

6 - Slurpers, of food or drink.

7 - Shops where you can't find anyone to give any service.
    7a - and when you do find someone, they know absolutely nothing about what you are asking them.

I'm sure more will come to mind.

cissy3 likes this.
  5. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

At a previous school I worked at I had exactly the opposite problem. I've always been known by the shortened version of my name but there were 3 others in the department at the time with the same name (I know!!) all of them using the short version. So I ended up being called the longer versions everyone. I totally get the feeling like I had two identities, with a home name and work name.

Good for staying unknown to work colleagues on social media though as no one at work thinks to look you up under the short name.

6. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

This could literally be the definition of 'from one extreme to the other'. :D

drvs, cissy3 and Calpurnia99 like this.
  7. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

My room 101

intolerant people

8. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I'm with you on that one. I've had several near misses when the go the wrong way round to make a right turn and nearly go into the side of my car. If you're facing each other on the roundabout, it should be possible for both cars to set off around it at the same time and never be near each other, but if the other car shoots straight over or makes a right turn by going anti-clockwise, they will risk colliding with the driver's side of MY car!
    I actually went to the Police about how more than half of drivers misuse the roundabout at the end of our High Street. I wanted them to set up a regular patrol /mobile camera. They said that I should note down registration numbers and let them know! How am I supposed to do that and drive safely?

I can do a complete turn on the mini roundabout in my estate car, so why can't someone in a small hatchback or a saloon car manage it?

cissy3 and InkyP like this.
  9. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Jesus, yes. All those buggers who disagreed with me.

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

February

cissy3 likes this.
  11. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Dogs
    Their owners
    Dog poo

ldnsenco likes this.
  12. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

Dogs! Not dogs. You can't dislike dogs!

Their owners, yup.
    Their poo, ok.

But not dogs. :(

ShowerGel and vannie like this.
  13. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

Shoddy goods: tools made from brittle or soft white metal, electrical products that use thin connecting wire and minimal solder, plastic storage boxes that are brittle ad shatter, clothes where sewing is inadequate and holes appear after they are worn for the third time. They say you get what you pay for: maybe I should pay more and avoid stuff from China.

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ofsted

DfE

Inconsiderate people

More Ofsted

The education bandwagon of idiocy

Anyone in government who sees schools as solutions to societies ills

Ofsted

Saturday night TV

15. NewToTeachingOldToMaths

NewToTeachingOldToMaths Lead commenter

What about that plastic packaging that's sooo tough that the only way to get into it is to cut it with a REALLY strong pair of scissors???

I once bought a pair of scissors which came packaged in that.

I mean ... ***????

16. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

My next-door neighbour's mother's remote control car key.
    jus
    hair straighteners

because

it sets my door bell off - but I suppose it's nice for me to leap to my feet open the front door and wave them off...
    gravy or sauce we have no need for a new name.
    I like seeing people with wavy hair

cissy3 likes this.
  17. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

ants - crawly black fuggers
    frogs - jumpy fuggers
    birds - flappy fuggers

Jaxspuzz likes this.
  18. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

I feel your pain. My name was never shortened until I moved down to England from Scotland. In fact I was quite old before I realised that abbreviation was a short version of my name. People usually ask which version of my name I prefer. I don't know why, because even though I always say the full version, they then use the abbreviation.

19. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Bananas - there is no need for these stinky horrible things
    Clowns - all of them
    Lies and the lousy liars that tell them
    People who say 'pacific' when they mean 'specific'
    A couple of the parents of children in my class

Jaxspuzz and ShowerGel like this.
  20. CraigCarterSmith

CraigCarterSmith Established commenter

People who say "i tell it like it is" - except don't and selectively tell it like it is only when it wouldn't result in them getting punched in the face - Bullies

Mobiles in schools - Ban the lot of em

People who reduce every complex political discussion to Left vs Right

Peirs Morgan, Katie Hopkins, Nick Ferrari, Nigel Farage, Jeremy Clarkson - basically people who have no opinion about anything, except controversial subjects and normally to a 3pm Deadline on a Sunday

People who believe the entire Wikipedia is fake because you can edit some pages, like you can't look for another source for verification BECAUSE IT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING ANYWAY! :mad:

(sorry carried away)

People who believe they are entitled to their own "facts"