1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your room 101

Discussion in 'Personal' started by neddyfonk, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

Given the opportunity what you put in room 101 ?
    I would start with DIVERSION signs which the council have kindly arranged to tell you absolutely nothing. They do not say which road is closed or how to get to where you are going. They assume you are all avoiding the same roadworks which may in fact have been completed days ago because no one bothered to do the tidy-up housekeeping. Most annoying is when you are forced to drive ten miles extra to avoid a couple of workmen changing lightbulbs or a section of coned off road where there is no hole and no one is working.

2. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

People who think it's ok to abbreviate/shorten my name even though I never introduce myself by the shortened reversion, never sign an email with it. When I started teaching the staff were much older than me so automatically did it, which then caught on with anyone new. It's like having one identity at school and another outside. :mad::mad:

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

The month of January

4. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

5. rayondesoleil1976

rayondesoleil1976 Occasional commenter

Period pains and hormonal migraines.

6. peakster

peakster Star commenter

The Tory Party

Anyone that thinks that BREXIT will be wonderful

The person who invented Marmite

Nick Clegg

Hamsters (vicious little B******)

Donald Trump

Traffic Lights on rural roads that take 4 hours to change

Snow

Jaxspuzz, vannie, peggylu and 2 others like this.
  7. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Brexiteers (all of them!)

8. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Alzheimers
    wasps that like being where I am
    back pain
    people who don't realise they have to pay for their shopping until after they have packed it.
    Any coffee that can't be made in less than 20 seconds.

9. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Sorry Bob!

cissy3 likes this.
  10. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

You beat me to it. Except snow (it isn't the snow that is the problem, it is the plonkers who are clueless at coping with it.

11. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Oh yeeess.

I asked for a coffee not a ***** dramatic performance:mad:

cissy3 and Dragonlady30 like this.
  12. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

1. Toothpaste that froths. (Rabid Dog is not a good look 1st thing in the morning)
    2. Digital Bus schedule signs (they inevitably break and tell you to refer to a non-existent timetable)
    3. Places that serve 20+ different forms of coffee and won't do a simple flat white
    4. TES page formatting (this morning anyway)

There's lots more but I really can't be bothered to list them :(

13. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

People who block pavements, shop doorways, supermarket shopping aisles, tops and bottoms of escalators.
    Smokers
    People who are so obsessed with checking their phones that they are totally oblivious to others.

HelenREMfan and Urbanfaerie like this.
  14. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Mobile phones at the table..why do we obsessively wish to check them every few minutes.
    In one house i know the mother makes them all put their mobile phones in one place when they sit to eat...anyone who is tempted to look washes all the dishes!

15. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

John Humphrys.

16. wordsworth

wordsworth Senior commenter

Football on tv, football fans, football memorabilia, football in the newspapers, footballers' WAGS, footballers' names, any random discussion of football.

17. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

The mice who do not like cold weather that somehow find a way into my bedroom, evade my cat and nibble on Kit-Kats I have in my bedside drawers, So far I have filled a mass grave with 10 of them ( victims of Little Nippers).

18. petaloutha

petaloutha Lead commenter

The bloody heavy boot on my fractured left foot. It is so heavy and so thick-soled that it makes my other foot and knee hurt when I try to walk with it. I could weep with frustration.
    [​IMG]

19. CraigCarterSmith

CraigCarterSmith Established commenter

People who legitimise the terms "post-truth" or "Alt-Right"

it's Lies and Neo Nazis

cissy3 and Mangleworzle like this.
  20. NewToTeachingOldToMaths

NewToTeachingOldToMaths Lead commenter

1. Umbrellas. Apologies, guys, but in a crowded metropolis they are the most antisocial thing ever invented. Buy a waterproof coat and hat ...

2. Road signs with the name of a place pointing left (say), which do not MEAN that that place is to the left, or even that the road to the left leads to that place, but which rather mean "if you are going to this place then we want you to take the road to the left"

3. People who think that if they are filling in their paperwork at the bank standing close to the queue to be served then they are part of the queue to be served, but that if I am sitting at a table doing my paperwork I am not part of the queue to be served, and then object that I am "pushing in" when I have completed my paperwork, and am ready to be served, so join the queue to be served. Sorry, guys ... if you're still doing your paperwork then you're not ready to be served and you're no pat of the queue, so I am joining the back. If you think you CAN be part of the queue when still doing your paperwork, then you must acknowledge that I was part of the queue while sitting doing my paperwork, which is what I did when I joined the bank. Your interpretation that YOU were part of the queue when you were STANDING NEAR THE QUEUE doing your paperwork, but I was NOT part of the queue when I was SITTING where the chairs and tables happen to be doing my paperwork, is tantamount to disability discrimination and is unlawful. You must make reasonable adjustments, such as recognising that somebody who is unable to stand for a long time in the queue can still be part of the queue while sitting waiting their turn.

Sorry for the rant ... but I had to get that one off my chest!!!