1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your Perfect Holiday Destination

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JosieWhitehead, Feb 20, 2019.

1. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

I'm usually working in uMkhuze and the accommodation is pretty basic, but we get to spend some time at the Ghost Mountain Inn on a Monday and have the opportunity to spend a couple of days in St Lucia. Last time I tacked on a few days in the GMI and I'll definitely be going back. Apparently the staff turnover is almost nil - always a good sign .

primarycat likes this.
  2. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

St Agnes and The Turks Head.

3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The dual carriageway is an EU supported improvement. We could get to Waterford for cod fishing from a field in 4 hours rather than 6.

HelenREMfan likes this.
  4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Paris, Rome, Donaghadee. On a warm, sunny day Donaghadee has the edge.

JosieWhitehead likes this.
  5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I've only been to St Agnes on a filthy horrible day. It poured constantly. Therefore I shall not pass judgement!

6. SammyBear2016

SammyBear2016 New commenter

We love the Lake District and have enjoyed several holidays there. Rockside B & B in Windermere is beautiful but unfortunately we are not able to go back for a few years as they do not allow small children.

Outside of the Uk nothing compares to Canada and the Rocky Mountains. If i could easily move there i would.

7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Yes - the Rockies are spectacular - I was fortunate enough to spend 5 years in Canada earlier in my life. We lived in Edmonton so it was only a couple of hours drive to the mountains.

Lake Louise is truly lovely and some of the walks you can do round there are great too. But there are many more lovely places.

The East Coast of Canada is nice as well.

8. SammyBear2016

SammyBear2016 New commenter

We went to Lake Louise and spent two incredible weeks there. It really was spectacular. We also went on a day trip which took us just inside BC. Hoping to go back in the near future and explore some different areas.

9. Odo

Odo New commenter

Hubby's fav. pub on the islands. We've had some good meals there as well.

We haven't visited at the end of April before, so looking forward to seeing the differences from our usual trips in July.

The waterproofs are ready just in case, but I'm hoping we'll be lucky with the weather. We're booked to fly there and back for the first time to escape the Scillonian - so I've got everything crossed that the planes can fly!

lilachardy likes this.
  10. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

There's a reason they call it the great white stomach pump!

11. May2

May2 Established commenter

My favourite city break used to be Venice but since being to St. Petersburg that comes up as equal favourite now. It was such a beautiful city and well worth the hassle of getting visas etc.

HelenREMfan and emerald52 like this.
  12. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

The Gower Coast: Yes, brings back memories of my youth. Oh the miles and miles of pristine beaches - and lovely Welsh boys too! We have also been Youth Hostelling (many years ago) to Port Eynon. The Youth Hostel is still there and I wonder if the warden wakes you up still with the sound of the bagpipes and with some thick porridge for breakfast to follow? https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...gationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=65437454

primarycat likes this.
  13. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Australia and New Zealand.................loved both, esp NZ.................but so far.
    Med in summer.
    Caribbean in winter.
    But I'd also like to see more of the UK.
    Hopefully next year..............

JosieWhitehead likes this.
  14. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Jordan is my favourite country to visit, Lebanon is amazing too. Syria was beautiful, but not now. Dubai-horrendous except for the weather, I preferred Abu Dhabi. Malta ia always a favourite as is Andalucia.
    However we're off to Northern Cyprus in early April, will report back.

15. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Nobody would ever have dreamed of going on holiday to Vietnam in the 60s would they ?.

That's my next main target of countries to visit.

cissy3, primarycat and InkyP like this.
  16. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

The boat trip was well worth it.

17. aypi

aypi Established commenter

My garden, 500 meters North of my house. 4 miles West. 15 miles East. Sometimes 30 miles west or about 50 South. "Holidays" are shhhhhht. Live day to day.

monicabilongame likes this.
  18. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Sorry towncryer; I was just being daft, as you posted just as I posted late last night, and I wondered if it was a time-difference thing!

towncryer likes this.
  19. peakster

peakster Star commenter

From our Morocco holiday last Summer upload_2019-2-21_18-43-25.jpeg

20. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Cappadocia in Turkey is fairly spectacular.