1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

your opinion on maternity leave and K.I.T. days

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by mmmredwine, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Thank you I realsied after he siad no that this was the rule. I have been into school to work but I am not being paid at all but I knew this on the day I went in, I just thought it was important that I did go.
    I am angry that I want to go in to help with students grades and have been told no. But mainly I am just shocked at the fact that I am not getting any hand over at all. My cover's contract is terminated the day before I go back - I am taking back my exam classes surely some handover is essential???

2. R13

R13 New commenter

I'm afraid it is probably all down to cost - the school have paid cover wages whilst you have been off and also contributed to your maternity pay (Clearly your right and I am not suggesting it shouldn't be - just that your maternity is already a major expense to the school and now you are wanting more wage whilst the cover is still being paid)

Sorry if that sounds harsh but purely from a schools point of view your maternity has probably meant that the quality of teaching ahs gone down whilst expense has gone up