1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your new resource uploader is live!

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by tesAuthorTeam, Oct 4, 2019.

1. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

We're excited to say that your new author uploader tool is now live!

Remind me, what are the benefits?

Your new uploader is full of helpful icons, hints and tips to make it easier for you to upload your resources and tag them more accurately to help the right teachers find them.

You'll now pick one main age group that your resource is aimed at, as well as having the option to add one additional age group.

You'll now pick one resource type for the whole resource, from a new, shorter list of resource options, rather than picking a resource type for each file uploaded.

What do I need to do now?

Our data wizards have been working hard to identify a main age and retag your existing resources. We advise you to check your resources and change the tagging if you don't think it's right.

How can I find out more?

You can read our blog post and see the FAQs here.
    If you have any further questions please contact us at authors@tes.com.

2. RUN DMC

RUN DMC New commenter

OK I have just spent an hour updating my resources (which fortunately are not too numerous). Most of the 16+ resources were converted to 14-16. Also a number of resources were labelled as "assembly". I assume that this was because the previous label was not in the new list and was converted to the first label (assembly) in the new list?

3. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

Bit of an issue with bundles in that they've been tagged in an age category of 3-5 and 16+ (neither of which is appropriate) BUT I can't change it in bundles?? Please help.

4. Lead_Practitioner

Lead_Practitioner New commenter

This will need serious research. I am worried there is going to be a lot of work for people here.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  5. TeachElite

TeachElite New commenter

I have noticed an issue with the tagging for Religious Education. Unfortunately, the new system doesn't allow for two religions to be selected, For example, the GCSE course requires that two religions be studied; when uploading a resource for GCSE revision I am unable to tag the two specific religions being studied. Could you please rectify this?

6. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

@TES Resource Team - There does not appear to be a resource type for a resource that is a presentation but not for an assembly. Is it possible to include 'presentation' in the resource types somewhere?

A1EnglishResources likes this.
  7. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

The automatic change of tagging was said to be done to save us time but 95% of mine were put into the two correct age groups. 11-14 and 14-16. Some are now in 16+ and some in in ks1 and ks2, they have been moved out of the correct age groups. You said in the blog post "you can quickly change them" but its really not quick!

8. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

I am not quite sure how a resource of mine uploaded many months ago is now showing as a DRAFT created on 5th October???? The problem is I have been trying for over 15 mins to publish it without any success. The problem is when I reach the page 'age range & curriculum'. When I scroll down and click on continue, the page jumps back up to the top of the page. As this is a popular resource of mine it is very frustrating that for the moment I cannot publish it. I hope your technicians will address this problem. Thanks.

9. laprofdefrancais

laprofdefrancais New commenter

I am not sure how Tes has managed to tag all my resources in the wrong age group even though I had selected the correct age group in the first place and it clearly says in the title GCSE or A Level. Most of my resources titled A Level have been put into 11-14 and some are even into KS1. Like labellaroma, when I try to correct these mistakes, I am unable to continue to the next page and resources end up in drafts. I have emailed Tes, but with it being the weekend, I am not sure when this will be rectified. Why launch this new tool on a Friday night at 4.30pm ... I wonder?

10. egtexts

egtexts New commenter

How do you change the order that multiple items appear in a single resource when uploading? This facility has vanished.

Krazikas likes this.
  11. egtexts

egtexts New commenter

Every single one of my resources, which were all clearly labelled as age 7-11 have been re categorised as 5-7.

Thanks TES. Great work guys. Someone here has seriously messed up.

Krazikas and astarlevels like this.
  12. Krazikas

@TES Resource Team

All mine have been wrongly tagged age-wise and category. Over 1000 resources to amend. It is difficult to categorise many of my resources as they contain a package of one than one type of resource eg powerpoint presentation, unit of work, worksheets etc. Will they show up in the searches if I just choose one category? Will they show up in searches if I tag it as 'other'?

astarlevels likes this.
  13. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

A bit of a disaster! Is this correct. The advise on the new uploader is to keep your description to 100 to 160 characters!. Also what category do task cards come under. A category entitled activity would have been helpful. My dashboard is not even registering free downloads. It has been dead for days. Prior to that it was registering thousands of downloads but no sales. Has anyone else lost the will to live?!!!!!!!!

14. Katharine7

Katharine7 New commenter

All of my resources are also now in the wrong age category! I'm so pressed for time managing the workload of my teaching job and giving my family the time they need. Now the only precious authoring time I can carve out of my week will be spent re-tagging resources? Not good. :( I feel a hacked off that the 'hard working data wizards' don't actually know the age ranges for KS2 and KS1.

astarlevels likes this.
  15. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

I get why a new uploader has been created - to stop over-tagging. That's fair enough - especially for age ranges. The descriptions added are helpful to new authors too.

However, the subjects have been waaaaaay too streamlined. As was mentioned earlier, many subjects are comparitive ones - e.g. In RE sometimes you even have to compare 3 religions. This uploader is not fit for purpose for subjects like this. Even on 'that other site' you can pick three subjects.

As Krazikas mentioned, there's now no way of re-ordering the way resources are displayed either. I don't get why, instead of spending ages making this uploader which no authors (so far as I know) asked for or wanted, Tes didn't spend this time and energy fixing all the other faults with the website, like the dashboard that we've all been bringing up for months.

Why are we now being asked to write very short descriptions, when previously we'd been encouraged to write much longer ones? What is the reason for this @tesresources? Does this help SEO?

How does it help if we select 'not age applicable?' Does this mean it will help a bit with the search in every age category - in which case many will just pick that, or - does it mean it will push you down for everything? In which case no one will? We need to know more about this.

Also, now the overtagging is stopped, are you going to stop people uploading exactly the same resource twice to cover the different age ranges they wanted to originally? As that's what will happen now. Can this be a new Tes rule? Otherwise this will not stop overtagging, it will just encourage duplicate uploads, which is already a problem on the site.

Be great to hear the answers @TES Resource Team

Thanks

Krazikas likes this.
  16. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Thank you all for your reports of these issues. I have passed all your concerns to our engineers.

I am informed that an error in the automated re-tagging process was noticed by one of our engineers on Saturday and any resources authors had not yet corrected were then re-tagged appropriately. This issue should now be resolved.

You may notice further tweaks and changes to the uploader as we fine tune it in response to your reports.

[Richard]

17. laprofdefrancais

laprofdefrancais New commenter

My resources are still tagged with the incorrect age group. When I try to correct them, more often than not, it won't let me and keeps scrolling back to the top when I click continue. Resources then end up as drafts.

18. Krazikas

Mine are still inappropriately tagged. I have spent the last two days retagging and still not finished. I hope that the fine tuning does not mess them up again!

19. Krazikas

It is possible to change the order. Just click and drag to where you want them to go.

20. Krazikas

I agree with Emily and I, too. would like to know what impact selecting 'age not appropriate' has on the search results.