1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your most successful Year 4 topics/themes

Discussion in 'Primary' started by llov1_04, Jul 10, 2011.

1. I'm new to year 4 in Sept and as the title suggests, wondered if anyone has any topics/themes that have been really successful with the children.

2. Ancient Egypt always goes down a treat

3. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

4. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Olympics

5. Our summer term topic has been 'Making a positive contribution to our world' and in KS2 we have focussed on Ghana. My Year 3 class have loved it. We looked at the lives of children in Ghana and compared them to our own. We did a lot of work on Fairtrade and the cocoa farmers and how chocolate is made. We have looked at the different crafts in Ghana and have made clay beads and Adinkra cloth. We have also done some Ghanaian dancing and drumming.
    It has been my favourite this year. I hope it inspires you.

6. karentee

karentee New commenter

we did one where we focussed on variation and habitats (although had a much fancier title!!) We looked at minibeasts, life cycles (got some caterpillars, stick insect and ladybird eggs) pond dipping, mammals and woodland creatures, endangered animals, animals as pets and ended with zoo animals, maanaged trips to the zoo, local woods and local stream, lots of hand on investigating out in the school grounds and the children really enjoyed the endangered animals part where they researched a chosen animal