1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your favourite place?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by lescargot, Aug 20, 2011.

1. lescargot

lescargot Occasional commenter

Just booked a trip to Paris for my hubbies 40th and I'm so excited. Its one of my favourite places and he's never been so can't wait to show him around!

Lots of places are special to me - Edinburgh as its home, Santorini as I got married there, Corsica as I lived there and had a great time.

So, nice and light hearted for the weekend, what's your favourite place?

2. lescargot

lescargot Occasional commenter

Just booked a trip to Paris for my hubbies 40th and I'm so excited. Its one of my favourite places and he's never been so can't wait to show him around!

Lots of places are special to me - Edinburgh as its home, Santorini as I got married there, Corsica as I lived there and had a great time.

So, nice and light hearted for the weekend, what's your favourite place?

3. Kuranda - a rainforest village in the Atherton Tablelands in Far North Queensland. Brilliant place for a long week-end - unfortunately too far to travel for that short a time [​IMG]

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Me too. It's very hard to narrow it down. Many of them are in Scotland though. It's completely unexotic, but on a sunny, quiet day (no noise from neighbours), my back garden is somewhere I feel very happy and contented. That must make it one of my favourite places.

5. Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire - just loads of great memories there.
    Sunny Alva - the centre of the universe and my origianl 'home'
    Glasgow - wasted years at university there and a proper city

6. Easdale Island, south west of Oban. Not the prettiest place, just something very special and calming about it.

7. Corryvreckan for the whirlpools (coincidentally very close to Easdale Island).
    Sensatori hotel in Tenerife - most chilled out hotel I've ever been to!
    Lots of other places too, but (cheesy I know) I love being in my own home with my DH.