1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your Favourite Online Resources

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Ian1983, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Ian1983

Ian1983 Occasional commenter

I like to use a bit of my down-time in the summer to look at new resources, so thought it would be a good idea if a few of us shared our favourites on here, with a quick explanation of why they're useful. I'm sure we can all learn about some that we didn't know of before.

I'll kick things off:

• Flash Maths - I love the equation see-saw for helping pupils build an understanding of solving equations, and I find the angle estimator game good too.
    • Exam Solutions - for A Levels. The videos are really well explained, and there's model solutions to many past exam papers.
    • Corbett Maths - the 5 a day starters are very good, including for AS Levels. Only weakness is the lack of solutions to these

2. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

Math-Drills.com - lots of basic practice in hundreds of maths skills - totally free and ideal for numeracy booklets etc

3. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

My whole blog is about all my favourites - everything recommended here is free. I love teaching Maths and am so impressed by all the teachers / educators who share their resources.
    (no commerial gain whatsoever - in fact I pay to have ads removed)

Owen134866 likes this.
  4. boozybird

boozybird New commenter

Mathsbot is lush! Great starter, AFL and differentiated worksheets. Please mathsbot do some algebra topics!

5. sarahtaylor999

sarahtaylor999 New commenter

Maths box
    Great for starters/homework/ cover.
    The treasure hunts are fab as can fit on one page and they do them a bit like Tarsia but it takes less time to cut out ( I put them round the room for the lower school) . My classes love the bingo and it we do the challenges with the white boards. I know its a paid resource but it wasn't very much compared to lots of others. I think use something from it every day!

6. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Agree with you Sarah - one of my favourites and very good value.

7. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Maths Mutt Mathematical Resources
    http://www.mathsmutt.co.uk/indexmm.html
    Lots of notes covering secondary school maths from basic arithmetic through to second order differential equations.

The website is free to use and there are pages with downloadable worksheets , online quizzes and further links.