1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your favourite music

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by bobvincent, Mar 9, 2012.

1. that's fine with me. Are you over 50 , like me?

2. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Amongst many favourites is Eva Cassidy's version of "Over the Rainbow". It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time I hear it.[*]
    I also like Kylie Minogue's version, actually thats not quite true its Kylie Minogue I like. Better [​IMG] now before I say anything to disgrace myself.

3. Ah, go ahead and disgrace yourself. Nobody's watching - they're all doing wordgames on this forum anyway.
    I like Kylie too- a **** singer, but a lovely lady

4. Paul Young - his voice makes me melt, especially on Softly Whispering I Love You.

5. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I love Michael Ball, Michael Crawford, John Barrowman, Barry Manilow, Cliff Richard, Aled Jones, Darius and Keane... My friends and family despair of me and I go to lots of concerts on my own [​IMG]

6. (bites his lip and vows to be tolerant)
    Good for you!

7. Sorry about what I wrote on the Outrageous Lie thead, larylady!
    I love Dire Straits, especially their Making Movies CD.
    I'll come back with more.
    Classical piece is Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto.
    Sav, I saw Paul Young in Leeds years ago before he was famous.

8. Tchaikovsky is so tuneful- what a tragedy he died prematurely

9. Ooh, madly jealous! Swoon!

10. 'Rhapsody in Blue' Gershwin...'The Swan' Saint-Saens...'When September Ends' Greenday...lots by City and Colour, but especially 'Boiled Frogs - acoustic'...'Dream a little dream' Mama Cass...'To Make you Feel my Love' Bob Dylan...'When I Fall in Love' Nat the King Cole...