1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your favourite bus route!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by scienceteachasghost, Dec 8, 2015.

1. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

Mine has to be the 11 (A or C) around Birmingham, Europe's longest urban bus route! You can tell what part of Birmingham you are in from the music people play upstairs! (classy round Kings Heath/Bournville/Harbourne, drum and bass around Acocks Green, 'jamaican' around Handsworth/Perry Barr!)

2. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Lynton/Lynmouth to Minehead. Open top double decker along the coast!

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Sillow likes this.
  4. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

You totally jest. It costs four quid for me to go on the bus to town (3 miles). OK I could go a lot further but Driffield? Only costs 50p more to park in town, and I even totally resent that. If I take one other person with me it's a bargain. If you want me to shop here, start either reducing the bus fare or subsidising the parking. In the meantime, maybe consider reducing already busy roads to one lane plus bus and cycle lane both sides.
    Oh! You already didn't!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Best wishes

6. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I used to love the route between Plymouth and Tavistock. Lovely views across the moors, then pretty houses and woodland.

7. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

[​IMG]

The open top bus that ran from along Herne Bay sea front to Reculver. One of the few things that was nice about a holiday spent staying with my mother's sister and BIL.

8. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

It would be the 58 if I HAD MY FREE BUS PASS AT 60 LIKE I ALWAYS THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN NOT THAT I'M BITTER ABOUT IT OR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Use of capitals completely deliberate.)

9. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

Definitely not the one that took me 2 f**king hours and 45 bl**dy minutes to get me home last night!
    To be fair, that wasn't so much the fault of the bus, but still. Traffic was almost just as bad this morning :(