1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your favourite airport!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grumpydogwoman, Dec 7, 2015.

1. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

ANOTHER review on the 3rd runway at Heathrow? Is there anything left to say? Seriously?

My favourite airports are:

Pittsburgh (massive and v. modern with lots of shops)
    Pu la (because it's tiny and it heralds our annual holiday in Croatia)

Worst? Probably JFK.

I had to insert a space for P u l a since it fell victim to the swear filter!!!!! :confused:

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Singapore....smells of orchids and they guarantee your luggage will be on the belt before your are there. Lovely airport.

3. grumpydogwoman

Guarantee? Is this because they detain you a long time at Border Control?

4. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

The Scandinavian countries all have brilliant, easy to get to and move through and beautifully built airports. Oslo Gardemoen is great, so is Helsinki Vantaa but I like Copenhagen Kastrup best.

5. grumpydogwoman

I don't remember much about Vantaa. It didn't stand out to me. But I was rather whisked through it at speed.

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Vancouver airport has a river running through it with rocks, trees and birdsong. It's very tranquil.

For convenience I like Doncaster because it's quite close and being very small the parking is close to the terminal building and it's all very efficient. Either that or Newquay where they have a lady going round announcing flights instead of a tannoy.

7. grumpydogwoman

Vancouver, eh? Sounds worth a visit. Didn't even know there WAS an airport in Doncaster.

*shameface*

8. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

It's called Robin Hood Airport and used to be RAF Finningley.

9. grumpydogwoman

Oh, maybe I have heard of it. Yes. DSA.

I expect the D is for Doncaster.

10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Passed through there a few years ago, I liked the way it was all one continuous floor which allowed the people who work there to get around on scooters:

[​IMG]

Even delivering things like stacks of newspapers to the shops by load carrying scooters.

11. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

Favorite airport? That's like favorite starbucks, health-centre or bus-shelter,

12. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Nope. It's because it's so efficient. And it's clean and lovely and everything you could want from an airport. It even has a butterfly house where you can see the most exquisite butterflies.

13. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Larnaca airport in Cyprus is awful. Avoid it if you can.

14. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

15. Didactylos4

16. grumpydogwoman

flybe *gulp*

Singapore. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm sure it's lovely and efficient and so forth BUT I have a phobia of butterflies so there is no way I am going there.

17. Didactylos4

If you want to gulp Grumpy try this image
    [​IMG]
    Murdo MacLeod/Guardian

ScotSEN likes this.
  18. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I don't like any airport I've been in. My favourite would be one I could get through without any hassle.

19. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I wasn't too thrilled with Lanzarote airport around 10pm last night! Flight delayed by an hour. Still, pity the poor Dubliners who still hadn't got away on their afternoon flight.
    Flying is no longer a pleasure, unfortunately.
    I liked Singapore airport, despite being marched off by border control because I'd mislaid my landing card. MrDt's face was a picture.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  20. rouxx

rouxx Lead commenter

Hokkaido - it has Royce's chocolate world between domestic and international